Hamstring Injuries | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hamstring Injuries

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Devongreenowl":31wn3y6u said:
Mark58":31wn3y6u said:
Devongreenowl":31wn3y6u said:
On Tuesday night, when Hardie ran through on goal in the second half using his pace to beat their defensive line and then visibly ran out of steam as he closed in on goal, missing a relatively simple chance, I worried he that he was a candidate for a hamstring problem. He is quick and is obviously short of full match fitness, so I think he might be better off on the bench tomorrow, otherwise he vulnerable to injury. Iā€™m sure Lowe and his staff donā€™t need that pointing out to them though!

I suppose that could be it then. The Bury lads have been used to a diet of hotpot and Lancashire meat pies and are still getting used to a pastie and our local ales. Or maybe theyā€™re all vegans like the FGR players :funny:

I may be wrong (my short term memory works when it wants to!) but wasn't Byron Moore - another ex-Bury - also out earlier in the season with a hamstring problem?

Thatā€™s what I said in my OP Mark. Telford, Mayor and Moore. Probably just coincidence but a surprising one nevertheless.

Doh! :doh: Sorry, Owl, clearly my short term memory doesn't even stretch back to the OP :lol: Cheers.

memory man said:
TinTin said:
My doctor pal believes it is a nutritional AND dietary problem ?

Nuff said ?

Keep the Faith :scarf: :scarf:
Is your doctor pal keeping you safe in your part of China? I read this morning that the problem had now reached every province on the mainland. Apologies if this enquiry has been covered in another thread which I have not read..

I am now in The Philippines - for some time now !

Building houses on the beach ?

My doctor friend is a Professor of Anatomy and is well versed in "all things anatomical" !

He believes that all things are nutritionally and/or dietary-based ?

So, for example, IF you had diabetes - your GP may well believe that you have caught that as a disease.

NO !

It is a change of lifestyle required - that's all ?

Quite simple.

As far as China is concerned, I am in Northern Luzon [8 hours away from Manila] but am very concerned over my many friends living in China.

I wish them all well.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Mark58":2z0sfujw said:
Devongreenowl":2z0sfujw said:
Mark58":2z0sfujw said:
Devongreenowl":2z0sfujw said:
On Tuesday night, when Hardie ran through on goal in the second half using his pace to beat their defensive line and then visibly ran out of steam as he closed in on goal, missing a relatively simple chance, I worried he that he was a candidate for a hamstring problem. He is quick and is obviously short of full match fitness, so I think he might be better off on the bench tomorrow, otherwise he vulnerable to injury. Iā€™m sure Lowe and his staff donā€™t need that pointing out to them though!

I suppose that could be it then. The Bury lads have been used to a diet of hotpot and Lancashire meat pies and are still getting used to a pastie and our local ales. Or maybe theyā€™re all vegans like the FGR players :funny:

I may be wrong (my short term memory works when it wants to!) but wasn't Byron Moore - another ex-Bury - also out earlier in the season with a hamstring problem?

Thatā€™s what I said in my OP Mark. Telford, Mayor and Moore. Probably just coincidence but a surprising one nevertheless.

Doh! :doh: Sorry, Owl, clearly my short term memory doesn't even stretch back to the OP :lol: Cheers.

Know the feeling!!

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Gary Lineker always had a very hot bath before the game, never suffered from hamstring problems. However, he did once poo himself during a World Cup game.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Devongreenowl":239oltnl said:
Or maybe theyā€™re all vegans like the FGR players :funny:

Hopefully so. As long as they are getting all of the nutrients they need then they will be a lot fitter and healthier for it and recover from training/matches/injuries more quickly.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Moore was feeling his hamstring today in the second half and was limping for a while so I thought it was him going off when Edwards came on.

Lowe said there was a 97% injury free rate at Bury last season. It must be a lot lower this season at Argyle.