Harry Maguire | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Harry Maguire

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
He gets a lot of stick (unnecessary and unwarranted in my opinion), but I think his reaction here in comparison to his far less mature teammate says it all...

You can see Maguire going straight to the Coventry players before he's even celebrated the win. That says a lot about the guy in my view.

Reactions: SurreyJanner

unhinched

🚑 Steve Hooper
Apr 16, 2016
He's not my favourite player, but you have to admire him riding out the storm ( hints of Beckham although much less severe) but , yes, give me his humility after the win any day over Antony's immaturity.
It's funny because I remember Roy Keane some years ago criticising ( rightly in my opinion) Maguire for doing a knee slide and cupping his ears at Wembley after scoring a header against a real minnow team. Keane basically said he had a lot more to prove before he could start behaving like that.
Adversity is often the making of a man and while you wish it on no-one, Maguire will have had to have dug deep and matured a lot and that looks like it came through in his response.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
He gets a lot of stick (unnecessary and unwarranted in my opinion), but I think his reaction here in comparison to his far less mature teammate says it all...

You can see Maguire going straight to the Coventry players before he's even celebrated the win. That says a lot about the guy in my view.
I think Antony is a horrible person and player from what I’ve seen and read, that said football is emotional.

The Coventry player (captain I think) did exactly the same after he scored his penalty and their keeper was shouting at the United players before they took their penalties. Far worse things to worry about than that.