Has there ever been a more important Devon Derby? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Has there ever been a more important Devon Derby?

Dec 3, 2005
Not sure what you mean by - We gain 3 on them they drop 3. Doesnt apply to the other 11 games.

So the other 11 games if we win them, the other team don't drop 3 points?

I always thought the winner of the game got 3 points and the loser got 0 points. :)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
djg145":1zlyoc20 said:
Not sure what you mean by - We gain 3 on them they drop 3. Doesnt apply to the other 11 games.

I always thought the winner of the game got 3 points and the loser got 0 points. :)

Totally correct djg!

Sep 6, 2006
djg145":1zfep8sh said:

Does seem very difficult to explain the obvious sometimes on here. We would gain 3 on Exeter rather than lose 3. Hence 6 points.Its totally irrelevant in all the other games we play as they are not near us in the League. Surely thats not so hard to understand?

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":2i77fjci said:
Balham_Green":2i77fjci said:
JannerinCardiff":2i77fjci said:
Ade the green":2i77fjci said:
mervyn":2i77fjci said:
Even with five games to go before then, it would take a huge change in form by either team for this not to be a critical encounter. FWIW my prediction is that the top six positions will still be about where they are now, so I suspect that both sides will treat not losing as the number one priority. May sound negative but I’d take a draw now, and rely on other games to get us over the line.

I would suggest that all of our games are ours to lose including Exeter at home. That’s not to say we’re going to win them all but I see Bradford as possibly the worst of our run in at the moment.

The Chino’s have is away and god forbid we are as bad as at their place (which I don’t believe we will be) and they’ve also got to play Crewe so we are in as strong a position as we could be.

RL will have to make sure we are on the game from minute one however.

I honestly think finishing above them is more important than individual results. As another poster has said what is just as important is the other 11 games we play as well as this one. Either team could be 6 points ahead of the other by the time we play them.

Incorrect. As things stand its a 'six pointer'. We gain 3 on them they drop 3. Doesnt apply to the other 11 games.

So we lose 2-1 at home to them, but we finish 3rd and they finish 4th and they don’t get promoted via the play-offs. How important is that six pointer?? Not important at all, because we will start next season in League 1 and Exeter will remain in league 2. We will have the bragging rights, saying they bottled it (again).

I also said that when we play them we may be more or less points apart than we currently are.

I DID say as things stand. Obviously the important point is finishing above them and going up! What I thought I didnt need to explain was that if we were to beat them we would significantly improve our chances as it is a SIX POINTER as I tried to explain above. We win AND they lose hrnce it is MORE important than the other games as I originally said. Cant understand how you cant see that.

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Next Tuesdays games will be pretty critical as all four of the top teams play in the three scheduled games. (And before any smartarse says they all play on Saturday too - I know, but our game apart, the other three teams have very winnable games !).

Any points dropped by either Excreta or Crewe will give us a massive opportunity to break in, and hopefully stay in, the top three.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Exeter has to play Crewe so both can’t get three points. If Crewe do them they also have to play us at Home Park and if we do them as well, this is the mid season stumble postponed until later.