Heartbreaking | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Heartbreaking

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Fantastic post Andy.

I’m ‘first generation’ Argyle – my Dad was a Londoner who found it highly amusing that I followed “bloody Plymuff” because I was born down here. When my lad was born eight years ago I swore I’d do all I could to make sure he’d like sport, especially football, and follow a real team that he had a real connection with and not ‘Man-Yoo’ or any other super-hyped, branded business consortium from a part of the country that means nothing to him. To my relief and enormous pleasure it worked a treat – he saw his first match a day after his fifth birthday and he was hooked for life (or so I thought). One of my most treasured memories that I will take to the grave will be throwing him high in the air when Fallon scored in that terrific match against Wolves and him screaming in excitement and waving his scarf which then disappeared four or five rows down from us.

Last night when I put him to bed (in his Argyle pyjamas naturally) he said that he’d heard on the news that Argyle might fold and “does that mean they’ll never play again?” I didn’t know what to say. I mumbled something about nobody really knows what will happen. I then stared at his fantastic Argyle duvet cover – a panoramic photo print from inside Home Park on a match day with a near full house and the Greens playing against a team in gold shirts. That duvet cover will never be thrown out.

Jan 7, 2004
I'm first generation Argyle and my son is 10 weeks old. I kept looking at him this morning and keep thinking what football are we going to watch if it all goes wrong at 5pm. :sad:

P

pilgrim tilidie

my da took me to my 1st argyle match when i was 4,i was raised and live in belfast,my da and granda are janners born n bread,i fly over once at most twice a year to home park,i bring my ulster flag,get a pint, and ivors pasty,and watch the game with my old man,and his old man 3 generations of family enjoying the game,i hav a daughter and another baby on the way,it would break my heart if they couldnt come with me and there grandad 2 watch the pilgrims,if argyle get liquadated im turning my back on english football,and as much as a pheonix club is better than being wiped out completely its not the same for me,my familys team is PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FC, addrese HOME PARK im flying a flag out my front today as its a big day and for the people of the uk to see pilgrims live everywere,i would ask every1 who has an argyle flag 2 put it up,expecialy if you dont live in england,fly it for the green army of true supporters who are staying overnight outside home park cold and hungry for the team they love,we are proud of you.. GAWBA GAWBA GAWBA