Holloway leaves Grimsby | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Holloway leaves Grimsby

Sep 2, 2008
Manchesterlalala":rxn5v7j4 said:
Pottypilgrim":rxn5v7j4 said:
Emeraldinho":rxn5v7j4 said:
I really wish people would grow up a bit and move on from the ridiculous ‘Hollowords’ thing. :roll:

I agree. It always amazes me how people are happy to accept it when some people talk out of their backside but never forget others. RL has said that he is bringing his family down here on at least two occasions that I can remember yet they are still up North. Perhaps we need to come up with a play on words around his name as people have with Holloway. :think: how about Lilo?

Jeez, cut Lowe a little bit of slack. Moving a family across the country during a global pandemic can't be the easiest especially crossing tiers. I've just moved 3 miles and it took us over 5 months and a LOT of stress to get it over the line with very little chain and no real issues other than everything going much slower due to COVID.

So lets cut Holloway some slack as well then. Btw, Lowe took over in June last year and between then and when the pandemic restrictions started affecting us is more than enough time to move his family down. After all, Schuey and some of the players managed to do it.

Oct 31, 2015
Keepitgreen":2um5ojb6 said:
The only surprise is that he waited a week after saying on Twitter:

To the fans of Grimsby Town Football Club.

Let me say, first and foremost, that I’m not going anywhere unless I’m told to. The love that you, the fans, have shown myself and my family since my arrival has exceeded even my highest expectations, on and off the pitch.

I wonder if he'll sell his shares?

Sounds familiar :funny:

For the record I think he has been our best manager in recent times. Look what he achieved with us before it went south. Yep better than Luggy. But the Grimsby fans feel as we did when he ran for Leicester.

Some people are sooo tatchy :wave:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It’s not that he left, it how he left that grates.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I like Ian Holloway. He should have been backed down here by the board and he wouldn’t have walked out. Who knows, Argyle might have had their moment in the PL instead of Blackpool.

Pulis never got anything like the same amount of flak. I wonder why? :whistle:

Jul 24, 2009
Devongreenowl":3nst7w10 said:
I like Ian Holloway. He should have been backed down here by the board and he wouldn’t have walked out. Who knows, Argyle might have had their moment in the PL instead of Blackpool.

The issue with Holloway is that he copiously comes out with his passionate love for Argyle / Grimsby / whichever club he's at. It's all nonsense of course, though in fairness he's good at it, and it looks even more nonsense when he ups sticks midseason having constantly & up to the last minute said he will do no such thing.

I don't remember Pulis coming out with anything remotely similar, and nor do the vast majority of other managers. Also Pulis left in the summer.

The football was much better under Holloway mind.

Sep 2, 2008
third earl of jean":3kg2gmz8 said:
Devongreenowl":3kg2gmz8 said:

The issue with Holloway is that he copiously comes out with his passionate love for Argyle / Grimsby / whichever club he's at. It's all nonsense of course, though in fairness he's good at it, and it looks even more nonsense when he ups sticks midseason having constantly & up to the last minute said he will do no such thing.

I don't remember Pulis coming out with anything remotely similar, and nor do the vast majority of other managers. Also Pulis left in the summer.

The football was much better under Holloway mind.

All managers do this including our current one. Rest assured that if a 'big' club up North comes in for Lowe and is willing to pay the compensation then he will be off. I don't imagine for one minute that he will ever say he's going to see out his Contract in such a situation. He and everyone without a set of blinkers on knows that Argyle is merely a stepping stone for him. He talks about being embedded in this club but to me it seems like he isn't completely embedded. He really is just dipping his toe in a bit.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Sure we’ve been here before or before that or before that

Sep 25, 2010
Devongreenowl":1re3lnwg said:

What alternate world, are you in.

He was backed by the board, but decided to do deals in other ways, look at the history. He didn’t walk out, he followed the money to Leicester,

Please get your facts right.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Martyn":1cxlcxzp said:
Devongreenowl":1cxlcxzp said:

What alternate world, are you in.

He was backed by the board, but decided to do deals in other ways, look at the history. He didn’t walk out, he followed the money to Leicester,

Please get your facts right.

Not in an alternate world. My memory was he was knocked back by the board on reinforcements when the club were in the play off zone or just below. He left for a bigger club - get over it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Remember this is a man who tipped Wolves off about the trigger clause in SEB's contract.

Lovey bloke. :furious:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":3uld5j4f said:
Devongreenowl":3uld5j4f said:
He left for a bigger club.

You forgot the 'and took them down' bit. :whistle:

Well I couldn’t forget it as revenge was sweet. Didn’t do Leicester too much harm long term! He’s had his day now though. Still a lot of Owls (not me) who would have him as he’s made it quite clear he’d like to manage there. Bit like Ryan Lowe really :whistle: