How long is Taylor out for | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How long is Taylor out for

Mar 14, 2009
arrythewurzel":34o5jmi3 said:
We’re finding a system ..... gradually .... to work without him.

I will be honest and say l don’t think we are.

So many balls in the air that were unchallenged. Carey and Lameiras totally out of sorts. Argyle struggled to really put any sustained pressure on Rotherham. Meanwhile on the counter attack they exploited the space left behind our full backs. Threlkeld in particular was troubled by the no 23 Williams. Rotherham keeper really didn’t have much to do. At the other end Matthews was easily our MoM.

Today was about just fighting until the end of the game and hoping you get some kind of breaks. We did with their missed chances and their rash tackle at the end.

Make no mistake we need Taylor back. However, the last few games emphasis how next season we need to bring in players who can adapt to different play styles because at the moment it’s only being highlighted just how one player is that important to our whole system of play. And that can’t be a good thing.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Daz":10ck4ceh said:
Trev501":10ck4ceh said:
Lobster":10ck4ceh said:
Season done (including playoffs) according to Adams, via Errington on Twitter
Meaning what?

Meaning he is out for the season and won’t play again this term.
Ah thanks. I should have paid more attention to the thread title, my bad..

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
To me everything from here on in is a bonus. Personally, without Taylor, I can't see us getting through the play offs. However, never say never.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
We are not the same team without Taylor. I'm sorry but this is not good news. Even if we somehow scrape in the play offs we have no chance of winning them IMHO
The squad is thread bare. If we had our best XI it might be a different story but sadly not buying and strengthening the squad especially with no back up at CF has come back to bite us in the bum at the business end of the season.

Musn't grumble apple crumble - we could of been fighting for survival instead and looks like the shitty will have a battle on their hands in the play offs

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
samjones":3ulsvv2q said:
We are not the same team without Taylor. I'm sorry but this is not good news. Even if we somehow scrape in the play offs we have no chance of winning them IMHO
The squad is thread bare. If we had our best XI it might be a different story but sadly not buying and strengthening the squad especially with no back up at CF has come back to bite us in the bum at the business end of the season.

Musn't grumble apple crumble - we could have been fighting for survival instead and looks like the shitty will have a battle on their hands in the play offs

#notlikeyoutobenegativeenjoytheride

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
France won a World Cup without a striker so a three game stretch is certainly doable.
Our left side of defence is the presentest worry I’d say.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
pedro91":zb7hvphx said:
He's back tomorrow

Almost Baz!

VLV2C3f.jpg

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
a great pity Ryan is now out for the duration.however,Derek has adapted the tactics well by not lumping the ball big all the time.well done to all members of staff.let's do it for both Ryans and super Luke. :thumbup:

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
I thought Grant did well today. Won more in the air than he probably has the right to, lively on the ball and scored a goal.

Taylor's loss is a blow, but doesn't look quite as terminal as I first thought it would be.

Jan 27, 2012
It's a huge blow to lose Taylor.

I still think Argyle need a player in attack who can head the ball. Grant isn't very good at it and Lamerias is hopeless. I was interested to see Bradley playing as a forward at the end of the Rotherham game and thought he made a difference. Could Sarcevic do the same thing ?

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I think I have said it before but Sonny up front is a good change up option.

If we're chasing the game and you have a situation where the two Centre halves are having an easy time and the opposition have set up to nullify Grant Lameiras and Carey throwing a fox (not David) into the hen house has to be a decent option.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
There is no question that we miss Taylor but, at the risk of being mischievous, Grant's strike rate of 2 in 4 since Taylor has been out is pretty good.

Whilst we are down to the bare bones, there is no doubting this team's desire and they deserve our 100% support. A "better" team with less belief would have lost yesterday.