I Think We're All Agreed He Has To Go | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I Think We're All Agreed He Has To Go

Oct 10, 2012
warney":2idbdzl3 said:
It wasn't quite as simple as that - Songo'o was a defensive player so he either had to shuffle the players on the pitch to fill in the gap or bring on a defensive player. I'm no Adams fan after that performance but I don't think he should be criticised for replacing a defensive player who gets sent off! Ruben had done next to nothing second half so made sense to hook him.

Agreed, it would have been worse if he hadn't bought another defender on.

Jul 24, 2009
jay_smithy":2mwwxgui said:
I think that’s the end and he knows it too, awful awful performance. Watched on I follow and interesting at the end he just stood at the side of the pitch on his own, he didn’t acknowledge any of the argyle players when they came off and just looked over to the argyle end
I noticed that, looked like a man that was considering his future to me. That said I don't think he will resign, but I had that thought.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The recruitment is the big deal for me.

We have been blown away by other L1 clubs in the quality they’ve been able to bring in.

Rochdale with Zac Clough, Oxford with Jamie Mackie, we simply can’t compete on established League 1 and Championship players because of our facilities, budget and location.

The caveat being that where previously Adams has overachieved (unless you’re one of the odd people who say all he’s done is fluff two promotions) with those things, he’s now chronically UNDERachieving.

Jul 24, 2009
Carlo":34y1bxxp said:
warney":34y1bxxp said:
It wasn't quite as simple as that - Songo'o was a defensive player so he either had to shuffle the players on the pitch to fill in the gap or bring on a defensive player. I'm no Adams fan after that performance but I don't think he should be criticised for replacing a defensive player who gets sent off! Ruben had done next to nothing second half so made sense to hook him.

Agreed, it would have been worse if he hadn't bought another defender on.
Yeah, many reasons to criticise him, but there was logic to that particular change given the red card.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
loveargyles":2r7tpiap said:
But who could do anything with this appalling squad?? Some of the worst players I have ever seen in my 30 odd years attending. Carey is the only class we have, but his performances suffer because of what he is surrounded by!
A big squad change must be a roll of the dice for any manager. In other words, it's risky. I doubt aby of us know how much of the change was forced on him but he did sign the replacements and is obviously struggling with what he has. Would love to be a fly on the wall in the away dressing room.

May 28, 2015
Nick daws hasn't got much experience but he had scunthorpe really well drilled at the end of last season and got them into the playoffs was only given 5 games this season before being sacked because of a poor start

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
pingudad":3grlzx9h said:
I think Keith hill would be a good shout as manager if we could get him

Less than zero chance.

Why would he move himself and his family hundreds of miles away, when he has the perfect job at Rochdale? And not like we could pay him enough to compensate for that.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Biggs":2k3dgdsr said:

We have been blown away by other L1 clubs in the quality they’ve been able to bring in.

Rochdale with Zac Clough, Oxford with Jamie Mackie, we simply can’t compete on established League 1 and Championship players because of our facilities, budget and location.

The caveat being that where previously Adams has overachieved (unless you’re one of the odd people who say all he’s done is fluff two promotions) with those things, he’s now chronically UNDERachieving.

Biggs - you keep saying this, but it was DA's choice to spend the budget he had on a larger squad without replacing the better quality that went outbound. I understand his reaction to having a lack of depth to see it through last season, but we simply had to replace the better players ... Bradley, Vyner and Threlkeld. We now have more players but none of them have shown to be at the same level, never mind improve the squad.

That must have been DA's decision alone.

I do think the players need to take responsibility as well - they surely can't be that bad - but a time comes when you have to stop making excuses.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Frank_Butcher":8ndpxgxg said:
Biggs":8ndpxgxg said:

Biggs - you keep saying this, but it was DA's choice to spend the budget he had on a larger squad without replacing the better quality that went outbound. I understand his reaction to having a lack of depth to see it through last season, but we simply had to replace the better players ... Bradley, Vyner and Threlkeld. We now have more players but none of them have shown to be at the same level, never mind improve the squad.

I do think the players need to take responsibility as well - they surely can't be that bad - but a time comes when you have to stop making excuses.

He'll say anything if he thinks it exhortates Adams, including now that we're missing Martyn Starnes (is he the mythical 20 goal a season striker?)

Sep 30, 2018
To be honest, looking at it objectively, I think the board situation, has affected argyle all season behind the scenes and has had an effect on signings, morale etc. As it would at 95% of clubs. Adams has to stay because he has been good for argyle overall. The short term situation can and I believe will change!! I have faith in this Argyle!!

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
third earl of jean":2xbuuekv said:
jay_smithy":2xbuuekv said:
I think that’s the end and he knows it too, awful awful performance. Watched on I follow and interesting at the end he just stood at the side of the pitch on his own, he didn’t acknowledge any of the argyle players when they came off and just looked over to the argyle end
I noticed that, looked like a man that was considering his future to me. That said I don't think he will resign, but I had that thought.

Yes thought the same also Wotton disappeared down the tunnel almost immediately once the final whistle went

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Frank_Butcher":389gc7ms said:
Biggs":389gc7ms said:

No, I agree with a lot of that :thumbup:. I’m just looking around the League 1 clubs and being completely terrified at the quality they have.

Dyson and Ladapo simply wouldn’t have got offers from other L1 clubs, so that’s worrying in itself, either from a budget view or Adams judgment view.

It’s probably a bit of both.