Incoming transfers (suggestions) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming transfers (suggestions)

Oct 14, 2015
Not sure if we’d have to pay a fee for him and not everyone’s cup of tea but always thought Jamille Matt was a useful player when we had him on loan. Now currently at Newport where he seems to have put his injuries behind him.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Welwyn Pilgrim":1wjd3lp7 said:
Not sure if we’d have to pay a fee for him and not everyone’s cup of tea but always thought Jamille Matt was a useful player when we had him on loan. Now currently at Newport where he seems to have put his injuries behind him.

He played a blinder for Newport in the FA Cup on BBC telly last season.

May 26, 2015
Let's get all the dead wood out first, and slash the size of Adams' bloated squad.

Then recruit wisely. Core squad should number 18, at the maximum, so that when we get a couple of injuries we promote the boys to subs bench.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Despite the disgraceful behaviour on the final day, i’d take Josh Morris as a free agent as a replacement for GC in a flash.

I’d also look at Ben Reeves, recently released by Charlton, but think it’d be hard to get him to drop a division.

Other names (not all necessarily attainable but all free agents);

Conor Randell - (CM) - Liverpool
Charlie Gilmour (CM) - Arsenal
Robin Ruiter (GK) - Sunderland
Josh Parker - (ST) - Charlton
Chris Lines (CM) - Bristol Rovers
Damien McCrory (LB) - Burton
Jack Grimmer (RB) - Coventry
Tom Davies (CB) - Coventry
Tony Andreu - (AM) - Coventry
Ryan Taffazoli - (CB) - Peterborough
Scott Kashket - (AM) - Wycombe

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nobby":2a4l96a6 said:
Despite the disgraceful behaviour on the final day, i’d take Josh Morris as a free agent as a replacement for GC in a flash.

Have you no shame?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
IJN":2s96rdzb said:
Nobby":2s96rdzb said:

Have you no shame?

Appears not. It was very unsporting and I was as incensed as the next person at the time. But if Graham Carey had done the same we wouldn’t wish him out of our club. So I don’t see why one poor piece of judgment should stop us signing a very good footballer.

Nov 9, 2008
Nobby":14enilte said:
IJN":14enilte said:
Nobby":14enilte said:

Have you no shame?

Appears not. It was very unsporting and I was as incensed as the next person at the time. But if Graham Carey had done the same we wouldn’t wish him out of our club. So I don’t see why one poor piece of judgment should stop us signing a very good footballer.

If Carey had done the same and then hadn't come out, admitted his mistake and apologised profusely, I'd be calling him him to leave. There's no place whatsoever for that kind of conduct from anybody or any team, no matter who they are.

Aug 5, 2016
Nobby":1h8i9bcw said:
IJN":1h8i9bcw said:
Nobby":1h8i9bcw said:

Have you no shame?

Absolutely no way. It was a scumbag act of deceit and I don't want that kind of character at our club. I'd rather see an U18 given the first team spot than see him here.

I'd love to see Ben Reeves but he is far too good for League Two and I'm sure will have better offers nearer London.

Oct 14, 2015
Oh come on guys we’ve welcome back and cheered players who have done considerably worse than what Morris did ...I wouldn’t want him here as it happens but don’t go down the line of not wanting him at the club for his behaviour that day, it was wrong but others have done considerably worse.

Jan 2, 2006
Nobby":237zie0b said:

I’d also look at Ben Reeves, recently released by Charlton, but think it’d be hard to get him to drop a division.

Love this sort of post! Some good names in there although Tom Davies has already signed for Bristol Rovers

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Welwyn Pilgrim":3nczy6bo said:
Nah I'd definitely rather have Ladapo. Far better goal record.
Wouldn't mind Caolan Lavery back though, I liked him when he was here, he was sharp and got goals...

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
BojanTheGreat":shw48qoo said:
Nobby":shw48qoo said:

Love this sort of post! Some good names in there although Tom Davies has already signed for Bristol Rovers

Oh really? I missed that one go through. Shame, would’ve been a good addition.

Edit: I also saw a Facebook post recently suggesting we were looking at Will Ferry from Southampton. That’d be an interesting addition.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Nobby":1ziru4sb said:
I also saw a Facebook post recently suggesting we were looking at Will Ferry from Southampton. That’d be an interesting addition.

I think it might be his Welsh cousin in that we are taking Iow Ferry from Southampton.

:coat: