Interesting piece on Football Forums. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Interesting piece on Football Forums.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
And the reverse happens, I have data which shows people go from GoS to here as well. Symbiosis I'd call it. :greensmile:

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Ham Green":15ezjx14 said:
Also there is a specific emphasis here towards making Pasoti child-friendly. Can't have that if we allow every whackjob and every tedious little edgelord. This is the top table and you'd better learn your manners.

This is a great point for me and very very appreciated when I'm sat with my 9yo daughter knowing we can peruse the forum together without any concerns.

Many thanks mods (and most general users as well I assume).

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We have a very rigid swearchecker place.

If that has to click in, if a really bad word is used we might have a word, if someone tries to circumvent the system we have a stronger word. If an attempt to beat it for a second time, we tend to suspend for a short while.

To be fair, very very few try to use profanity on here any more.

I think it works well.

Like many of us I regularly visit other club sites, particularly for teams we have just played or are about to play, and the difference in quality of pasoti is huge. I think it’s the combination of good moderators, a very big audience/user base, great access to non-Argyle topics and, funnily enough, even some of the whacky posters who really irritate but still make it compulsive reading.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
IJN":1vshp8h9 said:

Very much so, to the extent that I'm surprised the word 'rigid' is allowed :coat:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Whilst I am not one of the ‘Uber posters’ on here, I’d be at a loss without Pasoti. As an exile I don’t have anyone else, other than my son, to talk to about Argyle. So this is it. A way of me keeping in touch with my Westcountry heritage and keeping my mind clear from any thoughts of Rugby, which predominates round here. Pasoti is a daily thing for me, even if only to read.

fawlty

♣️ PASALB Member
Feb 1, 2012
IJN":3var879o said:
And the reverse happens, I have data which shows people go from GoS to here as well. Symbiosis I'd call it. :greensmile:

Ian,

Wasn’t “it” a character in The Lion King?

With tongue in cheek, isn’t one about fact and the other about fiction (in the heads of the posters)?

Fawlty

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
IJN":32wpmj2e said:

I remember an amusing (in retrospect) evening battling with a poster who kept trying various combinations of letters and symbols to represent an anglo-saxon verb which is generally frowned upon in polite society.

Every combination he posted I blocked in the swear checker. In the end I replaced all his attempts with his username.

Quite a while later one of the other mods asked why so many entries in the swear blocking list were modified to a group of plants. :)

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
999mattyg":1dcw9l57 said:
Spot on.
Not sure I'd want relationship advice, from some particular users, on here though!! :D
I know, can you imagine...#nailedonxxxxxxxxxxyourbestmate

-------------

Post edited by Admin.

Oct 31, 2015
justanotherfan":7wc2ak48 said:
I don`t do twitter, facebook, snapchat etc., but would be lost without the news and views on PASOTI. I read everything from Mr Biggs, GA 1884 through to UTL and BG, all have individual merit and create interest in differing ways. We are a broad church and I don`t think anybody warrants blocking. The bottom line is that we all support PAFC, maybe not the manager or chairman or individual players, but the entity that is Plymouth Argyle.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

Someone in work had a snipe at me the other day for not being on book of face. I politely pointed out he had my phone number if he wanted me to know about the information he thought I should have known and I walked away laughing.

I love the mix on here as we are all different. I often wonder what we would be like in a bar facing each other with our PASOTI names as badges so we got to see who is who.

I bet that would be a riot :)

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Argylegames":1sn0v99n said:
IJN":1sn0v99n said:

I remember an amusing (in retrospect) evening battling with a poster who kept trying various combinations of letters and symbols to represent an anglo-saxon verb which is generally frowned upon in polite society.

Every combination he posted I blocked in the swear checker. In the end I replaced all his attempts with his username.

Quite a while later one of the other mods asked why so many entries in the swear blocking list were modified to a group of plants. :)

I remember it well Kev.

:lol:

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
PASOTI is a great site which keeps me up to speed wherever I am.
I like the frank exchanges which never appear to get out of hand.
We all support Argyle but not necessarily all the personnel that go with it.
Life's all about choices and views and long may that continue.