It's flynn | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

It's flynn

Mar 8, 2016
We’ve already had a siuatuon Of well informed posters being wrong on here so it’s hardly surprising they’ve moved it to rumours. If it is Flynn I’d be supportive in the new manager but on face value it’s hard not to feel slightly underwhelmed.

Jan 19, 2019
This friend of mine works for Newport. The whole staff there are gutted as Flynn is off. I asked to who and he looked at me and said "your lot".
Now I cannot say more than this and he would not wind me up over it. Let's see how it pans out. I realise people post things just to get attention but this is all legit.

Rokerite

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 18, 2019
JannerinCardiff":1dhqw0ir said:
Flynn is planning for next season at Newport according to an article today’s Herald..

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.plym ... 918598.amp

That's a very non-committal statement from Flynn. I'm hoping GreenGoblin is right. Without wishing Newport County any harm I hope he moves on, even if it's not to Home Park. The Exiles with Flynn would challenge next season, without him probably not. He is being mentioned in connection with Swansea but so are several others. I think taking over at Plymouth now would be a better career move than going to Swansea but remaining in Wales might sway him.

Jan 2, 2006
GreenGoblin":1pupcesc said:
This friend of mine works for Newport. The whole staff there are gutted as Flynn is off. I asked to who and he looked at me and said "your lot".
Now I cannot say more than this and he would not wind me up over it. Let's see how it pans out. I realise people post things just to get attention but this is all legit.

Have you spoken to him again today? Is the situation still the same?

Jan 19, 2019
I haven't no. But I swear it's not a " oh look at me" thing.
He wouldn't wind me up. And I wouldn't do that type of thing either. I will try and get hold of him later .

Jul 29, 2010
Nice how we sit here now with no firm idea who is in the frame yet with 'noises off' pointing to Lowe, Ollie and Flynn. They can't all be right. I have a bad gut feeling about Lowe so if it's not Ollie then I'd rather have this guy.

Someone on one of the main board threads speculated that managers contracts probably expire as players do at the end of June so for squits and giggles I had a peek.

From Wiki... "On 9 May 2017 Flynn was appointed permanent team manager on a two-year contract".

So out of contract at the seasons end, working without a contract for the play-offs, a few short days to sort his affairs and say his goodbyes back home and...

...you can sort of see a feasible little timeline panning out there.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Flynn signed a new contract last year taking him to June 2020.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Jimmyd":21l751dx said:
cheshiregreen":21l751dx said:
GreenGoblin":21l751dx said:
Just spoke to someone who works at Newport. Flynn is Argyles next boss...

Still 7/2 - you put some money on?

I just chucked my skybet balance on it based on what my friend told me earlier. (I live in Newport btw)

Think you may have lost it according to Errington in Herald.

Jan 19, 2019
My friend at Newport has said Flynn is definitely off. There was strong office chat it was to us but nothing actually official.
I have contacts at a few other clubs but none of those clubs would be involved in Argyles managerial roulette.