Its no suprise we have struggled. Hallett & the board have alot to answer for. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Its no suprise we have struggled. Hallett & the board have alot to answer for.

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Halfway through our first season back in the championship and:

-we appoint a manager with zero first team managerial experience
-do not appoint an assistant manager, fitness coach etc.
-largely sign teenage players on loan

It's no surprise we have struggled since this, in the situation we needed experience in the team and management.

Hallett and the board have a lot to answer for and have to take the blame.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Halfway through our first season back in the championship and:

-we appoint a manager with zero first team managerial experience
-do not appoint an assistant manager, fitness coach etc.
-largely sign teenage players on loan

It's no surprise we have struggled since this, in the situation we needed experience in the team and management.

Hallett and the board have a lot to answer for and have to take the blame.
i understand your frustration,the boardroom have made a mistake,everybody does,let's hope the board do the right thing today.

Reactions: E4pilgrim

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
He can develop young players due to his previous coaching experience- but England Under 19 tournament football is a different kettle of fish to the blood & snotters of a 1st season back in the Championship
Also did he say he has the skill set to relate to the senior pros in the dressing room - or was it all about i can develop your young players in the Academy as per our Business Model

Jan 6, 2004
The truth is that the bottom ten teams in the division have been sucked into a relegation fight by the upturn in form of Sheff Wed and QPR and we were always going to be in the bottom 10 and we are always likely to lose to teams above the bottom 10. We would be in a very similar situation even had Schumacher not left (as indeed Stoke are). We have to concentrate on the crunch matches against relegation rivals - QPR at home, Rotherham, Stoke and Millwall away. That is what will determine whether we stay up.

We threw away a chance of success at Sheff Wed by being too defensive - that's on the manager. Against Blackburn we were unlucky not to win - that's not on the manager. Against Preston, it was an even game against a play off chasing team but we didn't get the breaks - many of Schumacher's home games were similar but we did get the breaks. As long as we keep playing on the front foot and dont revert to defensive football I think we will stay up.

Fans need to get off the manager's back. Perhaps he is not the long term answer but he is here until the end of the season at least. We had a couple of fabulous performances under Schumacher but that was with Morgan and Azaz on top form and did not happen every week. Many of our home wins were pretty lucky. While Foster was playing defensively I was worried. Now we are back to our old style I am more optimistic. We desperately need Hardie and Whittaker to rediscover their shooting boots though. When they are not on form it is hard to see where else our goals come from (and that has been true all season save for Azaz)

Last edited:

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
Always a blame culture, always got to be someone to point the finger at……

how about we always knew it would be a struggle this season and the fates have conspired against us.

if Simon Hallett reads some of the total bull shine on here and other areas of antisocial media he must sometimes wonder why he bothers…… be careful what you wish for, our owner is the best this club has ever had and likely to in the future.

Jul 28, 2020
It's important to see things in context

I remember thinking , on the first day of the season, what a fantastic thing it was ( and is) to see Argyle back in the championship and the ground is looking fantastic not to mention Brickfields

Simon hallett and the board ( and james Brent before him) have done a fantastic job for the football club. and long may it continue, is my view.

Do I think they've taken a wrong turn in the last few months.Yes I do. But that's just my view.And I'm sure they'll be addressing that.

We have to find a way of playing which is sustainable in the championship. Was that shuey's way.No that wasnt financially sustainable for a club of our size, again just my opinion.Is it Fosters way- again I dont think so.Again just my view.

Let's be kind to the board.They have done so much for this football club.And I as an individual supporter am very grateful.to them

We are all allowed to make mistakes- as long as we learn from them.

Take me as an example.I used to be conceited, but now I'm perfect 😉

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
It's my fault, I won the lottery a couple of months ago and should have spoken to Simon Hallett. However I didn't think he'd be interested in swapping my lucky dip ticket for shares in Argyle!

Smudja out!

We have all applied for jobs had interviews and sometimes the wrong person got the job. IF may be the wrong man and SH may have made a wrong call, calling for his head may appear to be the answer. Who do we get in Warnock? Last time he was here Argyle lost the first 6 games!

SH backed Argyle (the fans are the club too) time to repay the backing and get behind the players, coaches and board! Can't always have jam on top!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Has brickfields taken away a little of the ‘finer detail’ capacity of those in charge I wonder?

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: green pants
Apr 20, 2011
Tetbury
I don't think the board have a lot to answer for.

They made the appointment that they thought was right at the time. It hasn't worked out well so far (with some mitigating circumstances - tough run of games, losing Azaz, etc.) but I don't think you can hammer the board for that. It's not like they've made an appointment to deliberately sabotage our season!

It's a bit like all the stick Dewsnip has been getting... I don't think the finger pointing and after the fact blaming is necessary. The appointment just isn't working out - yet (hopefully!)!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's a bit like all the stick Dewsnip has been getting... I don't think the finger pointing and after the fact blaming is necessary. The appointment just isn't working out - yet (hopefully!)!

I haven't seen a great load of stick for Dewsnip. People have said, what is his involvement etc.

I certainly believe that anyone who takes brickbats for the club doing well have to also take questions when the club isn't going great.

Most of us I believe, including the board, but definitely us fans, have seriously underestimated this league, there's some serious serious talent out there and I'm not so sure a sustainable club CAN survive the constant battering of these bigger clubs.

Football has moved on massively since our last visit and as I say I'm not so sure our model can maintain a championship push of any sort. Hope I'm wrong.