James Brent on Radio Devon (Now on GOS) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

James Brent on Radio Devon (Now on GOS)

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
... Sparksy's full 11-minute interview with James Brent this morning on 'Good Morning Plymouth'. Grateful thanks as always to BBC Radio Devon.

Steve

Greens on Screen

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Very interesting and worth a listen.

It all comes down to the time factor if BIL fail. Has BG done the necessary preliminary work to give this option a chance?

Jun 28, 2006
Salisbury
I know there is a lot of nervousness about, and lots of fear being spread about too, but I can't personally see Argyle folding. It just won't happen. We've got another interested party if Heaney fails. Admin deadlines mean nothing - they change all the time; the takeover WILL happen sooner or later. The wages issue will not scupper the deal, I am sure. BG won't not allow Brent to do the deal if he can. No way. We'll be fine.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
jimmygreen":3ub4trj3 said:
I know there is a lot of nervousness about, and lots of fear being spread about too, but I can't personally see Argyle folding. It just won't happen. We've got another interested party if Heaney fails. Admin deadlines mean nothing - they change all the time; the takeover WILL happen sooner or later. The wages issue will not scupper the deal, I am sure. BG won't not allow Brent to do the deal if he can. No way. We'll be fine.

That is not the impression that I get from the interview.

If BG hasn't prepared any ground for an alternative bid and the first one fails Brent can't do anything. He said that in the interview.

It looks like time has run out for any other bid now.

Mar 18, 2006
Said it on other posts and will say it again.

The only thing to happen today will be that the deadline (no such word) will be extended again .

Jul 29, 2010
jimmygreen":365r5s55 said:

The wishful side of my split personality agrees with you.

The pessimistic side of my split personality reminds me that Brendan Guilfoyle has shown himself capable of saying logical things but doing illogical things and has demonstrated a 'casual' relationship with honesty and integrity throughout the process. I wouldn't put anything past him.

Feb 26, 2008
A village
jimmygreen":3m8ll84y said:

You're probably right. But after watching the programme about Hurricane Katrina last night, I was reminded of the time I was in Florida waiting for Hurricane Frances.

This feels much the same - you know the storm is coming, you're just never sure where it's going to hit or if you can stay out of the way!

B

bandwagon

Not sure what to make of this last effort - certainly still the reluctant chap!!

Clutching at straws is the term that come to mind now - think I'll be adding a few JD chasers at the bar today!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

T

Tim Chown

"This has been a very drawn out process. It's been miserable for the staff. It's been miserable for the fans. Looking back at it there are parts of the process that one would want to critique."