January 2018 transfers for League 1 teams (to Jan 23) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January 2018 transfers for League 1 teams (to Jan 23)

Bury's transfer policy seems extremely bizarre. They have players coming in and out like no tomorrow.

They are strangely loaning in players from others in the same division (Peter Clarke from Oldham, relegation rivals) and have been loaning out players to other rivals (Zeli Ismail to Walsall, who looked a player). They splashed the cash on Beckford in the summer which has backfired with his injury. They signed Alex Bruce for two games before he moved on to Wigan. Adam Thompson is out on loan to Bradford at the other end of the division.

No wonder they are bottom of the league, the players have no clue who they are playing with one week to the next. The danger for Argyle is they have some talented players (James Hanson coming in), so on their day could be a real team.

Aug 15, 2015
Shoenice":flxw8491 said:
I'd take Byrne who played against us for Oldham. Good passer and got an engine on him - not in the Toums mould in terms of build or style, but I'd take him over Sarcevic. Good footballer.

Looks like Derek Adams took up my tip on the lad ;-)

D

Diddyman 1983

Didn't Argyle decide against re-signing Ryan Leonard a few years ago after a trial because the manager at the time had concerns about his fitness or something? Anyone remember?

Mar 23, 2008
Diddyman 1983":1dr3meau said:
Didn't Argyle decide against re-signing Ryan Leonard a few years ago after a trial because the manager at the time had concerns about his fitness or something? Anyone remember?
Think that was Ryan Dickson under Sheridan, Leonard has always been a mainstay at Southend since Luggy took him there so would not have been on trail.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Yes it was Ryan Dickson who had a trial with Argyle in June 2013 after being released by Southampton.
(Thanks as ever to the bible that is GoS).

D

Diddyman 1983

Ah that was it, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

Aug 15, 2015
Fergy":r2os69k7 said:
Adam Armstrong signs for Blackburn on loan from Newcastle. Very impressive signing.

Agreed. They've got Dack and other top players at this level as well. They'll push Wigan.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Shoenice":33zenz8i said:
Fergy":33zenz8i said:
Adam Armstrong signs for Blackburn on loan from Newcastle. Very impressive signing.

Agreed. They've got Dack and other top players at this level as well. They'll push Wigan.

I think The Venkys, the Indian chicken farmers, are waking up to needs

Feb 2, 2007
Cameron Brannigan Liverpool to Oxford; midfielder with Prem experience most recently on loan at Fleetwood.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Apparently Doyle returned to Preston and they discovered some sort of blood clot. Hopefully it’s nothing too serious but a return to Oldham looks unlikely - good news for us.