January sale | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January sale

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Edwards - loan out for game time/ confidence and fitness
Wootton - release/ loan
Moore - loan out to a league 2 team
Macey - return to Arsenal if possible
Dyson - loan out to a league 2 team
Wylde - release/loan
Ainsworth - release

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Glynn":1t0lyrnm said:
Edwards - loan out for game time/ confidence and fitness
Wootton - release/ loan
Moore - loan out to a league 2 team
Macey - return to Arsenal if possible
Dyson - loan out to a league 2 team
Wylde - release/loan
Ainsworth - release

Riley - loan out
Smith Brown - loan out
Cooper - loan out
Wylde - release
Macey - release
O'Keefe - release

Carey, Reuben and Ladapo will probably go when decent offers come in. That should free up some wages for new players.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
For starters the entire back 5 need to be "moved" on which IMHO does not simply mean buying out there contracts, it means selling them on or loaning them out so they are off the wage bill.
We will not actually have any "cash" to go and buy players so we will need free transfers and loanees equal to the amount we reduce the existing wage bill by.

Given the deadwood we need to offload and given at best they will be going to lower level league/non league teams I think we will be lucky to get 3 reasonable replacements back in even if we do manage to offload the entire 5.

Its going to be another long shot punt on someone injured or a journeyman eg diagouraga style

#RELEGATIONISNAILEDON

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
We will not actually have any "cash" to go and buy players so we will need free transfers and loanees equal to the amount we reduce the existing wage bill by.

I'm hoping Hallett will invest some money as it's desperate times at the moment, and hopefully will be enough to get in some decent L1 players.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
r4h4al":2j3n3ekr said:

I'm hoping Hallett will invest some money as it's desperate times at the moment, and hopefully will be enough to get in some decent L1 players.

CAN't see it.

Putting money into bricks and mortar is a long term investment which not the same as taking short term punts on players hoping they will keep us up 1 division.
Its hard to place a monetary value on that even if it means so much to the fans financially its probably marginal and the odds on success are pretty poor ( especially so with DA involved with the recruitment )

No matter how bad its get between now and the end of the transfer window DA is here to stay and we are heavily reliant on his ability to "deal" with a cost neutral budget in the transfer window and hope and pray he does better than the summer

Barring a miracle I would say we are odds on to get relegated or as its known
#RELEGATIONISNAILEDON

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Sadly I agree. Just depends just how much Hallett cares about whether he should lose a few million, or get relegated (where we lose a few million anyway.)

I feel sorry for him he's walked into a massive mess.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
r4h4al":2kpw6dom said:
Sadly I agree. Just depends just how much Hallett cares about whether he should lose a few million, or get relegated (where we lose a few million anyway.)

Would we lose a few million in Div 4 versus Div 3 ??? I doubt it and you could argue a winning team in the lower division will generate bigger crowds and revenue rather than a losing team in the higher division.

I doubt he has a few million quid to gamble on bringing in 5 new players on the chance they may keep us up.

If he was a mega rich football fan yeah hey what's a couple of mill, but as a businessman you are not going to gamble when the odds are stacked against you as is the case now.

I predict a fairly low key January transfer window where we struggle to offload anyone therefore seriously limiting what we can bring in. Even then any incoming will only be those left over and not wanted elsewhere.

DA has got us into this mess and its DA who has somehow got to get us out of it.
He got lucky last year, very lucky and stumbled in desperation on a winning formula that led to a massive increase in confidence and run of results where the all out attack play paid dividends but this year he has run out of ideas and lost the plot.
Yesterday was a prime example of his negative tactics when we should have gone all out and let Bradford worry about us instead of handing them the initiative.
Its as if he wants us to start from a losing position before playing.

TBH I don't think the crowd would give him a hard time if we at least tried to win games

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
crownhillpilgrim":2n3dfbg0 said:
If we could only bring in a Chairman who wanted to be Chairman.

What does that even mean?

The CEO and the manager will be doing the transfer business, unless you're just generally unhappy with Simon Hallett and his £6.5million grandstand funds already.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Tugboat":3q55k5ox said:
That’s only part of my worry.

The other part is what Adams brings in. He’s utterly feeked up this team based on his summer additions. Little confidence he can right all the wrongs when he’s the reason for the wrongs in the first place. Even Okeefe was a mistake.

Mistakes so far..

Canavan, P Grant, Okeefe, Moore, Wylde, Macey, Dyson.

Whilst I agree with most of that list, I think its harsh to call Dyson a mistake, he's had no chance to prove himself and has fallen behind the 3rd top scorer in the league in Ladapo and most peoples messiah in Taylor.

Apr 9, 2011
samjones":kddi806w said:
r4h4al":kddi806w said:

Would we lose a few million in Div 4 versus Div 3 ??? I doubt it and you could argue a winning team in the lower division will generate bigger crowds and revenue rather than a losing team in the higher division.

I doubt he has a few million quid to gamble on bringing in 5 new players on the chance they may keep us up.

If he was a mega rich football fan yeah hey what's a couple of mill, but as a businessman you are not going to gamble when the odds are stacked against you as is the case now.

I predict a fairly low key January transfer window where we struggle to offload anyone therefore seriously limiting what we can bring in. Even then any incoming will only be those left over and not wanted elsewhere.

DA has got us into this mess and its DA who has somehow got to get us out of it.
He got lucky last year, very lucky and stumbled in desperation on a winning formula that led to a massive increase in confidence and run of results where the all out attack play paid dividends but this year he has run out of ideas and lost the plot.
Yesterday was a prime example of his negative tactics when we should have gone all out and let Bradford worry about us instead of handing them the initiative.
Its as if he wants us to start from a losing position before playing.

TBH I don't think the crowd would give him a hard time if we at least tried to win games
Agree 100% he got lucky last year but to have such luck 2 seasons following is pushing it.his recruitment track record is abysmal