Japanese players | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Japanese players

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Gareth Nicholson":qk7kujg8 said:
We're in the third division.

It's alarming that this is seemingly yet to register with many.

Thanks for the value insight, drummer boy! :roll:

G

Gareth Nicholson

vibratingspider":34zoccth said:
Gareth Nicholson":34zoccth said:
We're in the third division.

It's alarming that this is seemingly yet to register with many.

Thanks for the value insight, drummer boy! :roll:

No problem; happy to help.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
vibratingspider":28v632n1 said:
Good show, so you don't think any of our players are on anything like £2.5k a week then? 8)

I reckon they are, but the club are trying to get rid of top earners like Maclean and Seip who are more likely to be on 5-7k. I don't think Japanese players are going to be tempted to move half way around the world to play 3rd tier football for a modest increase in wages.

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
vibratingspider":247hjz08 said:
Good show, so you don't think any of our players are on anything like £2.5k a week then? 8)

What's that got to do with anything?

Those Japanese players playing in their home premier league are probably more than happy where they are.

All those that have moved abroad have done so to a TOP division.

:roll:

vibratingspider":2wot3wu2 said:
Having investigated it a little more, the average wage for a J-League player is 17m Yen, which equates to around ~£2,500/week (17m Yen = £128k). That's not beyond our means, is it?

Unfortunately, being an average player in the J-League is not sufficient to obtain a work permit. The best players for whom we could possibly get a work permit will be on considerably more and have a better choice of clubs. :(

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Cumbrian Green":vw0f3051 said:
Unfortunately, being an average player in the J-League is not sufficient to obtain a work permit. The best players for whom we could possibly get a work permit will be on considerably more and have a better choice of clubs. :(
To be fair, I think that's probably spot on.

ElDuderino":vw0f3051 said:
What's that got to do with anything?

Those Japanese players playing in their home premier league are probably more than happy where they are.

All those that have moved abroad have done so to a TOP division.

:roll:
I wasn't talking to yourself Mr Dude, I was talking to Gareth who implied that because we were a 3rd division club we couldn't afford their wages, which I countered by saying that £2.5k/week is probably within our means.

Doesn't matter anywho, I think Cumbrian_Green has probably hit the nail on the head.. 8) The ones who are good enough for Argyle (and good enough for their national team and a work permit) are more than likely on a lot more than £2.5k/wk. I'm happy with that reasoning :wink:

G

Gareth Nicholson

I implied no such thing. I just get annoyed at the ignorance of those who don't see where we are, and the knock-on effect that has on who we can attract to the club. It's ridiculous and it sets the bar so high we can never hope to meet it. The idea that a young Japanese player would come here over top flight clubs in other countries is just barmy.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Gareth Nicholson":2p7qcpx5 said:
I implied no such thing. I just get annoyed at the ignorance of those who don't see where we are, and the knock-on effect that has on who we can attract to the club. It's ridiculous and it sets the bar so high we can never hope to meet it. The idea that a young Japanese player would come here over top flight clubs in other countries is just barmy.

This thread started off the back of Yuki Abe going to Leicester City. Leicester City is not a top flight club.

Ah, forget it, I really can't be bothered.

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
vibratingspider":1tgeiuyx said:
Gareth Nicholson":1tgeiuyx said:

This thread started off the back of Yuki Abe going to Leicester City. Leicester City is not a top flight club.

Ah, forget it, I really can't be bothered.

I'm gonna make this real easy for you. Leicester City, are they in a higher or lower division than Argyle.

Higher or lower??? (apologies in advance to Bruce Forsyth).