Jephcott's price tag | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jephcott's price tag

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Cult Of Personality":32hl4hoc said:
200k at tops . There are so many flaws in his game .

:shocked: Now that really is an "Argyle price'.

I'd say in the £1.5m bracket would be about right with hefty sell on clauses.

Remember, when this lad has someone who can cross regularly well to him like Cooper used to before he was injured he had an unerring knack of banging them in with one touch.

I'm sure there's some Championship clubs that fill that criteria,

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
gaspargomez":2cx69h1z said:
Jephcott is a good finisher (when he is provided with chances) but his overall game is League One standard. I’m not yet convinced he is Championship quality and I think that rules out any multi-million pound transfer fees. If he can hit 20 goals again next season then he may go a bit further towards proving himself- but it looks to me he has found his level for the time being.

Gaspar.. if Jephcott hits 20 goals next season he’ll be with 3.5-5 million in today’s market for a young striker who by then would surely be a Welsh international if he’d scored so many goals.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Why don't we just get behind the lad?

He's shown enough quality this season to demonstrate that he's a proper player and knows where the goal is. He's having a rough patch, so what? He's playing in a very average team right now that is collectively low in confidence and belief.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
When Luke was scoring regularly, the whole team was playing well and supply lines were much better, therefore price tags were higher. Now the team is generally playing poorly he is not getting chances. Imo he is a box striker/finisher full stop, with not alot else to his game. So if the team play well he will score goals. As for a current fee I would think £200 k tops

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
jespafc":27aukmal said:

Like we did with Luke Summerfield and Luke Young? It seems to a be a Janner thing, 'they can't be THAT good if he comes from 'round here'.

Apr 4, 2007
Grantham, Lincs
As has been said he has always scored when he gets good service, can't remember the striker on quest who said it but they were indicating his strength as a 'one touch finisher' and how they were not too common.

The fact that very few attacks end up with the ball in the six yard box kinda tells us why he's going through a dry spell.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":2rn8x1m3 said:
jespafc":2rn8x1m3 said:

Like we did with Luke Summerfield and Luke Young? It seems to a be a Janner thing, 'they can't be THAT good if he comes from 'round here'.

It could be a Luke thing? :)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Grantham Green":693fv4l1 said:
As has been said he has always scored when he gets good service, can't remember the striker on quest who said it but they were indicating his strength as a 'one touch finisher' and how they were not too common.

The fact that very few attacks end up with the ball in the six yard box kinda tells us why he's going through a dry spell.

Dean Ashton wasn't it? Now there was a good striker.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
The Doctor":20ojsm84 said:
Grantham Green":20ojsm84 said:

Yep, someone who knows what they’re talking about. Luke seems to be playing deeper and as a holding forward at the moment, which doesn’t help his goal tally and also isn’t his natural game. Lowe seems to have taken a square peg out of a square hole and bashed it into a round one again.

May 29, 2011
Bristol
I think the Kane reference was from Sean McCarthy in the article. He just said something about how Jephcott does the simple things well, like Harry Kane.
I agree 1-2 million seems more realistic for a player of his age and overall goal scoring record.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
GreenThing":2owko9bq said:
The Doctor":2owko9bq said:
Grantham Green":2owko9bq said:

Yep, someone who knows what they’re talking about. Luke seems to be playing deeper and as a holding forward at the moment, which doesn’t help his goal tally and also isn’t his natural game. Lowe seems to have taken a square peg out of a square hole and bashed it into a round one again.

On the other hand, perhaps by playing him in a deeper role and getting him more involved in link-up play etc. he will develop that side of his game and become a more all-round forward player. After all, without wishing to suggest that the two are in any way comparable the thing that makes Harry Kane a really top player is that fact that he is much more than just a goalscorer.

Feb 15, 2005
I’ve mentioned it before Rhian Brewster went to SUFC for £23 million.

His senior record is

Swansea City 20 apps and 10 goals in the championship
Sheffield United 22 apps and no goals in the Premier.

LJ has scored 16 goals this season in a division below Brewster. Surely he is worthy of a punt from a championship club.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
lilcol":b0lti902 said:
When Luke was scoring regularly, the whole team was playing well and supply lines were much better, therefore price tags were higher. Now the team is generally playing poorly he is not getting chances. Imo he is a box striker/finisher full stop, with not alot else to his game. So if the team play well he will score goals. As for a current fee I would think £200 k tops

I actually think Luke’s hold up play is decent when it’s to feet personally. Rarely see him give away possession.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
GreenThing":2gt3bryj said:
The Doctor":2gt3bryj said:
Grantham Green":2gt3bryj said:

No surprise to me that Jephcotts goals have dried up since he stopped playing up front with Hardie.

Jul 12, 2016
I think we will win either way. If he eventually goes it could be for big money ,if he stays he could recapture his early season form.
Get the ball to him in the 6 yard box and I am confident he will score. Remember this is his first full season in league football.