Job done | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Job done

May 8, 2011
German Shepherd":3owq7ie4 said:
I will reserve my judgement until next season when things are back to 'normal'. Playing in front of empty sands must be akin to being in the reserves all season.
It's the same for all teams & I know they're professionals getting paid loads more than me but it's gotta be harder to get up for matches when there's no one there. I certainly don't think Argyle 0 Charlton 6 would have happened.

Based on the first half v second half stats, playing in empty stadiums only seem to have an effect in the second half, wonder how that can be explained?
Also of the 3 home games played with fans, we lost 2, so that seems to suggest empty stadiums wasn’t a reason unless it was the wrong 2,000 fans.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
HC Green":2qqajk73 said:
German Shepherd":2qqajk73 said:
I will reserve my judgement until next season when things are back to 'normal'. Playing in front of empty sands must be akin to being in the reserves all season.
It's the same for all teams & I know they're professionals getting paid loads more than me but it's gotta be harder to get up for matches when there's no one there. I certainly don't think Argyle 0 Charlton 6 would have happened.

Based on the first half v second half stats, playing in empty stadiums only seem to have an effect in the second half, wonder how that can be explained?
Also of the 3 home games played with fans, we lost 2, so that seems to suggest empty stadiums wasn’t a reason unless it was the wrong 2,000 fans.

Just season ticket holders is always the wrong type of crowd - look at the away games where we offer season ticket holders first option on tickets - those crowds are always quieter and less passionate, throw in social distancing and the "crowds" were almost empty stadia.