Joe Edwards | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Edwards

Mar 14, 2009
Stiffler":eny1jqe4 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":eny1jqe4 said:
up_the_line":eny1jqe4 said:
Recognition for Edwards tonight..Not just for the goal, which was actually a beautiful finish, but this guy just hauls the team up by its laces time after time.
At one point he carried the ball from right back into their half more or less forced down the centre, then busted a gut to make an overlap on the right near the byline. Outstanding effort.
8 goals for the season is the kind of contribution we need from some of the midfield.

Player of the season. Camara a close second.

Attitude, work rate. Goals. Good leader.

My only gripe is the guy doesn’t play in CM.

If we play this system next season we need full backs / wide men so at least Camara can play in the middle. We would see such energy in the middle of the park with those two and already seen both of them can score goals.

Build the team around them. We have building blocks in place like Ennis.

However, it’s amazing how the change of formation can bring out the best in players eg Aimson.

Let me get this correct, Edwards is your player of the season for doing such a good job and scoring some great goals from his current position and you want to move him.

Yes, for the benefit of the team. If he scores this many goals from RWB/RB imagine he can score more from CM. Plus if we are going to play a flat back four l would like to be a proper RB and LB’s. Edwards has done a great job there. But he came to this club as a midfielder and l think he can influence the game more from there.

Look at Camara yesterday at RM/RAM. He does a good job. However, l’d like to see him more centrally. Put a CDM who can screen the back four behind Edwards and Camara and you got a very good, energetic midfield. Imagine those two behind a front two running from deep and getting into the box with their late runs.

Anyhow it won’t happen. It’s just something l’d personally like to see.

Jun 27, 2019
jerryatricjanner":6ysx47xp said:
To be honest I thought he would struggle to make a mark in this division and would be a squad player rather than an important member of the team. I'm pleased to be proved wrong, he has been one of our most consistent and strongest performers this season. Eight goals is a great return, comfortably outscoring Mayor who plays much more offensively generally. They bring very different qualities to the team and Mayor is a marked man by opposing teams but half a dozen goals should be the minimum goal return by Mayor from the positions he gets into.

Not sure why you thought that when he's spent his entire career in League One or the Championship. Last season was his first in League Two.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
WoodsyGreen":mevbv45y said:
jerryatricjanner":mevbv45y said:
To be honest I thought he would struggle to make a mark in this division and would be a squad player rather than an important member of the team. I'm pleased to be proved wrong, he has been one of our most consistent and strongest performers this season. Eight goals is a great return, comfortably outscoring Mayor who plays much more offensively generally. They bring very different qualities to the team and Mayor is a marked man by opposing teams but half a dozen goals should be the minimum goal return by Mayor from the positions he gets into.

Not sure why you thought that when he's spent his entire career in League One or the Championship. Last season was his first in League Two.

Really? Yeovil, Walsall who got relegated with him and an average season in League 2 last season didn't inspire me that he would set league 1 alight at 30 years old this season. I am delighted he has done so well however.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
JannerinCardiff":rfx0szqn said:
Doyley43":rfx0szqn said:
JannerinCardiff":rfx0szqn said:
If I were to award the player of the year and young player of the year right now I’d give it to Edwards (Conor Grant close second for me) and Jephcott. But I think the longer Jephcott doesn’t score that young player of the year will go to Mike Cooper.

Joe in the mix but a fair few ahead of Conor in my opinion

Conor has I think 11 assists and 4 goals - he’s had a good season in my book.

I agree, he’s had a decent season! He goes frustrate me when he can’t beat the first defender with his crosses but he’s been better recently

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Conor’s crossing was very poor at Ipswich, regularly, hitting the first defender. Generally, though, his delivery is good as he is capable of making the ball ‘curl’ back towards our attacking players running in. That’s why he has 11 assists.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
That there's five or six candidates for player of the season shows that this season hasn't been the disaster some make it out to be. Edwards, Grant, Jephcott, Camara and Cooper are all worthy shouts but I've always liked Edwards. Never understand when he gets dropped.