Joe Mason | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Mason

Jul 29, 2010
Better or not I would love the symbolism of him returning. He left as we plummeted, he returns as we rise.

None of it Joe's fault, the club had to sell him, but what a completion of the circle were he to come back.

It would really underline that we're on our way back :cool:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
a glorious pipe dream, I wish.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
As nice as it would have been, Mason won't fit our system now. He's best anywhere in the three behind the striker or as a striker with a target man. I really can't see Adams changing the formation and we've got two for every position behind the striker now. Mason wouldn't fit in. Had Carey left then maybe, but not now.

Oct 10, 2012
I'm sure if we signed a player of this quality then DA would change our system.

Fwiw, I doubt Mason will be coming to us unfortunately!

Dec 22, 2015
I have it very a very good friend of mine who is very very good friends with Joe that he would be open to a move back to Plymouth either on loan or transferred. Although his wages are high (17K) he would be happy to take a wage drop to get regular football. He ins't happy at Wolves and doesn't really like the area and lives nearer to Shrewsbury.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argy1e":1ojum67q said:
As nice as it would have been, Mason won't fit our system now. He's best anywhere in the three behind the striker or as a striker with a target man. I really can't see Adams changing the formation and we've got two for every position behind the striker now. Mason wouldn't fit in. Had Carey left then maybe, but not now.

Agree with that. We have Lameiras and Carey who are similar to Mason.
Mason would only fit into our team as a second striker, which is something Adams doesn't favour.
We need a striker with pace as a different option to Taylor and Blissett and Mason was never blessed with pace.

It will be interesting to see where he goes on loan.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
"Fit the system"? We're not Chelsea for heaven's sake.

Sign the boy up, he'd score for fun in League One.