Joe | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe

Apr 30, 2011
If that was Joe's last Argyle game then what a way to go out. He's got one year left on his deal and I'm not certain he'll want to stay because he knows he won't see much first-team football in this league. He isn't that old so who could blame him if he looked elsewhere to keep playing.
I'm fairly sure he has two years as a coach already signed up. This kind of move makes me believe in the sustainability of our club, I want Joe to be around for the next 4-5 years at least. It's how we cope with managers like Schuey moving on and allows us to keep our identity.

We are so, so lucky to have Joe in our squad. I just hope his family see the longer term benefits of staying down here, which I'm sure they do.

If it wasn't already impregnated in all of our minds that Joe was an Argyle legend, today's performance from him would have done.

Never met him in person but top, top bloke and would love to buy him a beer.

Oct 31, 2015
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I am cycling back around to my earlier comment, but Joe’s performance was an absolute 10/10 today. This football club has had some big presences and captains but I’m not sure any have delivered quite like Joe Edwards did today. Simply outstanding and deservedly written into Argyle folklore. In my opinion one of the greatest individual performances in the history of our football club.

Mar 30, 2024
One has to temper the above comments; as in the eventuallity of a Hull equaliser, however fortunate or undeserved, it would have altered the whole narrative. All previous positive comments would have been negated. How strange!

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Cdp
Mar 14, 2024
to think foster dropped him,what an utter horrendous manager he was :mad:
And all those posters who claimed Joe and Scarr (forever Scarr Wars day) were not good enough for the championship!! Thankfully, they, and the awful Foster, were allowed to be proved completely wrong 🥬🥬🥬

Reactions: DC&CC Totnes