John Sheridan | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

John Sheridan

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
davie nine":1hn0i39s said:
Bezza":1hn0i39s said:
Cobi Budge":1hn0i39s said:
Reportedly leaving 7th place Carlisle (in League 2) to rejoin 21st place Chesterfield (In the conference).

:crazy:

I've got a bit of interest in this. My wife follows Carlisle so I've seen quite a bit of them over the years. There are some similarities with Plymouth Argyle, in that they're geographically remote and the biggest club for some miles and they have a loyal fan base, even though their home gates have been much lower than Argyle's for some years now. This resignation has caused uproar in Cumbria, after an amazing run had taken Carlisle into the play offs. The fans are mainly blaming Sheridan, not their board of directors who they absolutely despise!

Seems purely motivated by money, where I understand he will be highest paid manager in league 4 or 5.

Doesn't reflect well at all on him and I have to say, as much as Adams gets on my wick at times, he has so far been loyal to Argyle and I don't think he would just walk away if we were in Carlisle's position. Sheridan didn't settle at Home Park and to have had so many jobs in 3 years since is amazing. I don't like wishing bad fortune on people, but it will serve him right if Chesterfield sack him in 6 months time, like they've sacked Martin Allen after poaching him from Barnet.
You are right about DA, Bezza. He has been loyal to Argyle and he rarely misses the opportunity to watch our teams at all levels when there is no first team game or he is away trying to make new signings.
At the Fansā€™ Forum he was described as truthful and trustworthy which I believe.
My concern is that, if/when he turns things around here, he will be back in demand.
At that point, who could blame him if he decided to move on considering the abuse that he has had to tolerate both last year up to Christmas and this year up to now?
I donā€™t agree with all of his decisions and most of his summer 2018 signings have not excelled up to now but I still believe, as the Board appear to, that he is the best man for the job.
The comparison with John Sheridan is further evidence of my opinion.
Davie, I hope you don't take personal offence because I don't intend any, but for you to be worried about Adams being poached by a better offer!!! You cannot be serious, as Mr McEnroe once famously shouted at an Umpire. This is utterly ridiculous.

We are the Bookies favourites for relegation back to the bottom tier, which would take us back to exactly where we were when Adams came in 4 years ago.

In what circumstances would any decent League 1 or Championship club even have Adams on their list of potential new Managers?

The fans who need to be worried are Luton. It can only be a matter of time before a good Championship Club comes in for Nathan Jones who ironically, lost out to Adams when he applied for the Argyle job.

If only we had known then what we know now...

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
demportdave":823w5tze said:
davie nine":823w5tze said:
Bezza":823w5tze said:
Cobi Budge":823w5tze said:
Reportedly leaving 7th place Carlisle (in League 2) to rejoin 21st place Chesterfield (In the conference).

I've got a bit of interest in this. My wife follows Carlisle so I've seen quite a bit of them over the years. There are some similarities with Plymouth Argyle, in that they're geographically remote and the biggest club for some miles and they have a loyal fan base, even though their home gates have been much lower than Argyle's for some years now. This resignation has caused uproar in Cumbria, after an amazing run had taken Carlisle into the play offs. The fans are mainly blaming Sheridan, not their board of directors who they absolutely despise!

Seems purely motivated by money, where I understand he will be highest paid manager in league 4 or 5.

Doesn't reflect well at all on him and I have to say, as much as Adams gets on my wick at times, he has so far been loyal to Argyle and I don't think he would just walk away if we were in Carlisle's position. Sheridan didn't settle at Home Park and to have had so many jobs in 3 years since is amazing. I don't like wishing bad fortune on people, but it will serve him right if Chesterfield sack him in 6 months time, like they've sacked Martin Allen after poaching him from Barnet.
You are right about DA, Bezza. He has been loyal to Argyle and he rarely misses the opportunity to watch our teams at all levels when there is no first team game or he is away trying to make new signings.
At the Fansā€™ Forum he was described as truthful and trustworthy which I believe.
My concern is that, if/when he turns things around here, he will be back in demand.
At that point, who could blame him if he decided to move on considering the abuse that he has had to tolerate both last year up to Christmas and this year up to now?
I donā€™t agree with all of his decisions and most of his summer 2018 signings have not excelled up to now but I still believe, as the Board appear to, that he is the best man for the job.
Davie, I hope you don't take personal offence because I don't intend any, but for you to be worried about Adams being poached by a better offer!!! You cannot be serious, as Mr McEnroe once famously shouted at an Umpire. This is utterly ridiculous.

We are the Bookies favourites for relegation back to the bottom tier, which would take us back to exactly where we were when Adams came in 4 years ago.

In what circumstances would any decent League 1 or Championship club even have Adams on their list of potential new Managers?

The fans who need to be worried are Luton. It can only be a matter of time before a good Championship Club comes in for Nathan Jones who ironically, lost out to Adams when he applied for the Argyle job.

Well, how about a team in the Scottish Prem? Remember there were rumours of Aberdeen offering him a deal not so long ago. I'm sure Adams would be tempted if the right Scottish Prem team came in for him. And, as always in football, there's the big IF. Yes, right now we're not in a great position, but if Adams were to turn it round and get us up to 16th or 17th, some clubs may look at his overall time at Argyle and think he has done a pretty solid job.

Apr 1, 2009
jespafc":3g1e2uch said:
demportdave":3g1e2uch said:
davie nine":3g1e2uch said:
Bezza":3g1e2uch said:
Cobi Budge":3g1e2uch said:

Well, how about a team in the Scottish Prem? Remember there were rumours of Aberdeen offering him a deal not so long ago. I'm sure Adams would be tempted if the right Scottish Prem team came in for him. And, as always in football, there's the big IF. Yes, right now we're not in a great position, but if Adams were to turn it round and get us up to 16th or 17th, some clubs may look at his overall time at Argyle and think he has done a pretty solid job.

"Remember there were rumours of Aberdeen offering him a deal not so long ago".

When might Aberdeen have offered Adams a deal? For a deal to be offered there has to be one available, and, given that McInnes has been at Aberdeen longer than Adams has been here, that patently hasn't been the case. Yes there was a bit of speculation at a time McInnes might have left that Adams could be a potential successor, based partly on DA's "association" with Aberdeen (his dad worked there decades ago). It's a huge jump from that to even suggest a deal was offered when it obviously wasn't. To use such nonsense to support an argument is laughable.

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
xmastree":dg6r8c7h said:
jespafc":dg6r8c7h said:
demportdave":dg6r8c7h said:
davie nine":dg6r8c7h said:
Bezza":dg6r8c7h said:
Cobi Budge":dg6r8c7h said:

"Remember there were rumours of Aberdeen offering him a deal not so long ago".

When might Aberdeen have offered Adams a deal? For a deal to be offered there has to be one available, and, given that McInnes has been at Aberdeen longer than Adams has been here, that patently hasn't been the case. Yes there was a bit of speculation at a time McInnes might have left that Adams could be a potential successor, based partly on DA's "association" with Aberdeen (his dad worked there decades ago). It's a huge jump from that to even suggest a deal was offered when it obviously wasn't. To use such nonsense to support an argument is laughable.

Yup, note that I said rumours because at the time McInnes was 'rumoured' to be moving on from Aberdeen. Adams was linked with the role. Either way, to suggest that clubs would not be interested in Adams, a manager who has had consistent success in his career thus far (despite what his haters will say) is laughable.