Jordan Houghton for motivator | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jordan Houghton for motivator

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Just heard Jordan Houghton’s post-match interview - superb. We need his approach and attitude to be given a central place in the fight we’re now in. Can he be appointed as a coach, please?!

A very nice guy. Puts 100% effort in. Yet isn’t good enough for the championship.

How many goals & assists does he have?

l watch him get run past oppostion players, like Morsy for Ipswich’s first goal. Today, if you watch Norwich break on our back 3 there were huge gaps to exploit as the game wore on. He just doesn’t have the athleticism at this level to be a decent box to box midfielder. Just look at Randell, & look at the difference regarding the impact he has on a game.

I know l sound ruthless, but while people blame Foster for the results we need players who can impact a match consistently.

It’s great the way he talks, but l put action before words. That’s why l don’t go in on Foster because the words coming from his mouth doesn’t sound ‘postive’ enough.

Personally, if we stay in the championship l’d be surprised to still see him here.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
A very nice guy. Puts 100% effort in. Yet isn’t good enough for the championship.

l watch him get run past oppostion players, like Morsy for Ipswich’s first goal. Today, if you watch Norwich break on our back 3 there were huge gaps to exploit as the game wore on. He just doesn’t have the athleticism at this level to be a decent box to box midfielder. Just look at Randell, & look at the difference regarding the impact he has on a game.

I know l sound ruthless, but while people blame Foster for the results we need players who can impact a match consistently.

It’s great the way he talks, but l put action before words. That’s why l don’t go in on Foster because the words coming from his mouth doesn’t sound ‘postive’ enough.

Personally, if we stay in the championship l’d be surprised to still see him here.

But he isn’t a box to box midfielder. He’s a no.6. Always has been and providing he positions himself well, he doesn’t need super athleticism. It would be nice but it isn’t imperative. And it certainly wasn’t an issue in the first half of the season when he was one of our standout performers, until Foster arrived and immediately dropped him for Forshaw undeservedly.

Reactions: Bovey Green lady

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
But he isn’t a box to box midfielder. He’s a no.6. Always has been and providing he positions himself well, he doesn’t need super athleticism. It would be nice but it isn’t imperative. And it certainly wasn’t an issue in the first half of the season when he was one of our standout performers, until Foster arrived and immediately dropped him for Forshaw undeservedly.

So he is a defensive midfielder, who cant tackle a player that runs at him?

What good is a no6 if he doesn’t protect your back 3 / 4?

What did he do that was standout, considering we leaked goals all over the place under Schumacher? Btw, l’m not just blaming him, but considering how much stick people want to give Foster after only 3 months l find it interesting how some players get a free pass for making so little impact on a game.

Reactions: Jon with no H
Mar 23, 2008

Nonsense, he was one of if not our best player for the first half of the season.
Have you not noticed most of our players have gone backwards over the last few months??

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Nonsense, he was one of if not our best player for the first half of the season.
Have you not noticed most of our players have gone backwards over the last few months??

l don’t see that with Randell. If you mean Hardie all l see him now being less clinical. Whittaker has this tendency to flirt in & out of games. I think Milller is playing decently at left wing back.

l just don’t know what our ‘best player’ did so well? I mean are we going to the Danny Mayor conversation well & pull out the lines that somehow he was doing “the assist of assist”. You only have to look at how many we conceded to show he wasn’t protecting the back four. We were good in midfield going forward because of Cundle, Azaz & Randell who had more impact in matches than him for the first half of the season, in my opinion. I say all this reminding myself we didn’t win once away from home under Schumacher.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
He's a defensive midfielder.

might as well claim Finn Azaz was no good because he didn't win the ball much

Then why did we concede so many goals with him playing as a CDM in a 4-3-3.

In the 3-4-2-1, he is meant to surely be a more box to box midfielder?

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Houghton has been a great player for us this campaign especially within our budget, pre-season I had doubts, but we missed him when he was injured. Bang for the bucks Houghton is low on the list to ship out... Jesus wept when people start turning on Houghts we are lost.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Houghton was injured through most of February

Mar 23, 2008
l don’t see that with Randell. If you mean Hardie all l see him now being less clinical. Whittaker has this tendency to flirt in & out of games. I think Milller is playing decently at left wing back.

l just don’t know what our ‘best player’ did so well? I mean are we going to the Danny Mayor conversation well & pull out the lines that somehow he was doing “the assist of assist”. You only have to look at how many we conceded to show he wasn’t protecting the back four. We were good in midfield going forward because of Cundle, Azaz & Randell who had more impact in matches than him for the first half of the season, in my opinion. I say all this reminding myself we didn’t win once away from home under Schumacher.
Are you honestly telling me that you didn't think Houghton played well for the first of this season?? We were conceding goals because we were attacking, so that was tactical rather than all on one person.
Luckily the vast majority know what they are looking at and at the half stage fo the season when there was a 'player of the season' thus far poll Houghton was up there alongside Morgs, Gibson and Hardie.