Jordan Houghton for motivator | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jordan Houghton for motivator

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Houghton has been a great player for us this campaign especially within our budget, pre-season I had doubts, but we missed him when he was injured. Bang for the bucks Houghton is low on the list to ship out... Jesus wept when people start turning on Houghts we are lost.
Because people want to find any excuse for Foster... including now that Houghton (amongst other players) is not good enough and doesn't score enough or assist enough when neither are his job, completely forgetting that Foster brought in Forshaw and Gyabi..like for like defensively minded players, both of whom are no better than Houghton at this stage of their careers.
I haven't seen Houghton trip over the ball to concede a goal (Forshaw at Sheffield Wednesday) or faff around with it until it is (perhaps illegally) taken off him for a goal (Gyabi at Huddersfield).

Reactions: Deacster
Oct 5, 2013
For those who have got sidetracked into discussing JH’s playing abilities, the OP wasn’t about that, it was calling for him to be given a coaching role asap!

Reactions: Deacster
Mar 23, 2008
For those who have got sidetracked into discussing JH’s playing abilities, the OP wasn’t about that, it was calling for him to be given a coaching role asap!
Get that and it's a fair point but when posters start suggesting he isn't Championship standard then that does rather take it off topic!

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Are you honestly telling me that you didn't think Houghton played well for the first of this season?? We were conceding goals because we were attacking, so that was tactical rather than all on one person.
Luckily the vast majority know what they are looking at and at the half stage fo the season when there was a 'player of the season' thus far poll Houghton was up there alongside Morgs, Gibson and Hardie.

Ask me, has he improved from last season. The answer is yes. The championship seems to allow him to showcase his abilities better.

However, is he good enough. Obviously not. If he were good enough we wouldn't be at our best playing a counter attacking transitional style.

Even Schumacher himself said in a interview about his lack of althetism. Now look in the championship & see the type of central midfielders these clubs have. They are all like durrcell bunnies for 90 mins.

You say he was up their as player of the season. Cooper who season was cut short by injury had more impact in games than Houghton last season. Then there is Niall Ennis. I can you don't even mention Randell who played alongside him all year who had a more impactful season than him.

Tell me something he does really well that impacts / influences our team & gets it playing well. Infact better still show tell me a game this year he was MotM in that we won. As he was that good. He doesn't even defend well which if you watched yesterday even one of the commentaters said 'Norwich players shouldn't be able to run at our back line like they are doing'.

I'm not totally biased, l did see a loverly ball he played for Hardie to fluff his second best chance. Yet he is a soild league one player. The same as Dan Scarr. You need more pace & althetism the higher up you go. Or you need to be exceptionally gifted technically on the ball.

However, if you really think Houghton is the answer to our midfield then l watch a totally different game to you. Fans give up on Foster after 3 months. Yet they give Houghton 3 years to be nothing more than mediocre. Crazy.

Last edited:

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021

Sorry, then for side tracking the discussion if it was meant that way.

However, it bugs the hell out of me that people swallow this 'soundbite' crap. Players should do their talking on the field.

Then you got Foster being ripped into because 'he sounds too negeative'. All it is, is people's interpretation about words and the way that voice projects them.

Houghton is way too young for a coaching role. Edwards is more likely to be part of any current player/coaching set up.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022
Houghton has definitely upped his game a bit from League 1 and is, arguably, playing as good as his skill set will allow. But unfortunately we lack physicality and speed in midfield. He clearly cares and it look like the whole team and squad did yesterday. More of the same for the rest of the season please.