Just Back /ifollow | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just Back /ifollow

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Tugboat":2ntlrntq said:
Dan Ellard":2ntlrntq said:
I care so much about this club. I cannot stand the utterly spineless performances of late. I can't stand it.

Something MUST change.
And that’s the most angriest bit of it, nothing will change.

Feel your pain and frustration.

I read Dan Ellard’s words and it struck such a chord that I had to try and express my own feelings at this time.

I blame my father. He introduced me to Argyle and I have been mainlining ever since. As a drug it is a particularly cruel and insidious one. I have no experience of pumping substances into my body to achieve a high so I only have the lame comparison of being a devoted follower of a run-of-the-mill football team. The highs (for me) are incredible and when Argyle have won or played so well to make me proud it has such an amazing effect on my whole being. Mundane day-to-day annoyances aren’t quite as bad (because Argyle are doing well), my mood is far more buoyant (because Argyle are doing well) and life in general is so much rosier (because Argyle are doing well). Sadly, the reverse is most definitely true. On days like this (and every other painful loss or dire performance) the sense of anger, frustration, misery and sheer bloody despair is almost more than I can bear.

The perceived ‘pain' is almost visceral and, from what Dan has said, I am sure that I am far from the only Argyle fan who feels this. My complete weekend (or Wednesday and Thursday, in the event of mid-week fixtures) is tainted and every enjoyable moment is in danger of being undermined if I suddenly recall the disappointment of another loss in that moment. That crushing disappointment is the last thing that crosses my mind before I drift off to sleep and is the very first negative thought when I awaken the following morning.

Any sensible person would have removed this source of repeated misery from their lives but - just as the addicted gambler - I persuade myself that ‘it will be better next time’ and I start looking forward to the next match with a hope that is rarely justified. The gambler will look at the odds of achieving success for the Argyle fan and will gauge them at 8 to 1 (out of the 24 teams in League One only three will be promoted). How many of us would stake nearly nine months of emotional anguish on a happy ending at odds of 8 to 1? And yet I do it time after time after time.

My father felt that he had the answer. When he got to the age that I am now (mid-sixties) he just stopped going out to Home Park and took very little more than a passing interest in how his previously adored team fared. This didn’t seem to have any negative effect on his well being and he died a relatively contented man. Sadly, I do not feel that I have the strength to do what he did - even after results like bloody Gillingham away - so I will trudge on, vainly following the dim light of hope that takes me to the next match. Thanks, Dad...

Jun 2, 2016
"didn't take our chances"
What chances? That's the point.. I think we had 1 shot first half and scored, and had one shot 2nd half when Lameiras tried a ridiculous lob from 50yds.
From 1st minute to last we had no plan. No shape. No formation. This is 40+ games they've had together....
It was tackle, hack, flick, lose ball, try again.
What is the plan? Certainly not to use the full backs as part of an attacking game... They didn't get over the half way line.
Certainly not a possession based game. Can't recall more than 4 passes put together.
Not even punt up front and pick up the 2nd ball.
Just no plan at all.
Defended ok 45 mins. Then allowed a cross which shouldn't have been. Switched off completely at a corner. And as usual when behind didn't look like getting a goal.
The clubs supporters deserve so much more.

Mar 14, 2009
I honestly have read some of the comments and I feel sorry for peoples current anger and disappointment.

Personally, the final whistle went today and I didn't feel a thing. No anger, no frustration. Just a stupid feeling this is normal.

Its frustating listening to Adams. The way he talks is him trying to be realistic. However, it just turns into another dose of pessimism. This has to have an impact on the players because if you watch the way they play they end up playing with fear.

Unfortuately for me all I feel numb. I should really feel angry and annoyed like others but it just I guess the repetitive of listening to his rubbish has made me just accept performances and results like today are just "normal". I listen to our manager and then I watch whats on the field. For example, he promised changes. However, we all knew we were going to play a similar system to one we have witnessed all season. It was only ever going to be personnel changes. Unfortuately, it doesnt matter who he picks. They are coached to defend in an way thats indefensible. The irony.

Maybe we will survive. Maybe we wont. I just assumed he is here for another 6 months, at least, of next season because our board will think about the "project" they have created with him. You only have to watch the way these players are coached to play that should send the signal to the boardroom that end of "project Adams" is nigh.

Apr 11, 2019
The players were a bag of nerves after the equaliser went in. Their confidence is shot to pieces.

Gillingham looked a poor side but in truth, we we're well beaten in the second half.

It's situations like yesterday that we desperately need a leader out on the pitch, a player who's going to take the game by the scruff of the neck, talk, organise etc. Unfortunately we don't have one and haven't all season. As soon as we concede heads go down, nobody wants the ball and we implode.

Only real positive from yesterday's game was the performance of Lloyd Jones who I thought had an excellent game.

Oct 5, 2013
Mark58":czk11wb6 said:
Tugboat":czk11wb6 said:
Dan Ellard":czk11wb6 said:
I care so much about this club. I cannot stand the utterly spineless performances of late. I can't stand it.

Something MUST change.
And that’s the most angriest bit of it, nothing will change.

Feel your pain and frustration.

I read Dan Ellard’s words and it struck such a chord that I had to try and express my own feelings at this time.

I blame my father. He introduced me to Argyle and I have been mainlining ever since. As a drug it is a particularly cruel and insidious one. I have no experience of pumping substances into my body to achieve a high so I only have the lame comparison of being a devoted follower of a run-of-the-mill football team. The highs (for me) are incredible and when Argyle have won or played so well to make me proud it has such an amazing effect on my whole being. Mundane day-to-day annoyances aren’t quite as bad (because Argyle are doing well), my mood is far more buoyant (because Argyle are doing well) and life in general is so much rosier (because Argyle are doing well). Sadly, the reverse is most definitely true. On days like this (and every other painful loss or dire performance) the sense of anger, frustration, misery and sheer bloody despair is almost more than I can bear.

The perceived ‘pain' is almost visceral and, from what Dan has said, I am sure that I am far from the only Argyle fan who feels this. My complete weekend (or Wednesday and Thursday, in the event of mid-week fixtures) is tainted and every enjoyable moment is in danger of being undermined if I suddenly recall the disappointment of another loss in that moment. That crushing disappointment is the last thing that crosses my mind before I drift off to sleep and is the very first negative thought when I awaken the following morning.

Any sensible person would have removed this source of repeated misery from their lives but - just as the addicted gambler - I persuade myself that ‘it will be better next time’ and I start looking forward to the next match with a hope that is rarely justified. The gambler will look at the odds of achieving success for the Argyle fan and will gauge them at 8 to 1 (out of the 24 teams in League One only three will be promoted). How many of us would stake nearly nine months of emotional anguish on a happy ending at odds of 8 to 1? And yet I do it time after time after time.

My father felt that he had the answer. When he got to the age that I am now (mid-sixties) he just stopped going out to Home Park and took very little more than a passing interest in how his previously adored team fared. This didn’t seem to have any negative effect on his well being and he died a relatively contented man. Sadly, I do not feel that I have the strength to do what he did - even after results like bloody Gillingham away - so I will trudge on, vainly following the dim light of hope that takes me to the next match. Thanks, Dad...

Absolutely superb, brilliant!

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
The first two (well all three) goals were horrendous.I don't blame Jones as he couldn't keep up with the guy but Smith Brown should anticipate that ball and hoof it back where it came from. Short guy free header from a corner afterwards. No excuses

Aug 11, 2013
I can’t help wondering whether a lot of our problems are down to the fact DA has weaved himself into every corner of the club and there’s no one to challenge and hold him to account. An assistant manager should be an equal. Do we honestly think Wotton has anything to offer DA advice wise? When held to account he throws his toys outa the Pram like with the Herald. I’d imagine no-one is questioning his decisions - for fear of being isolated.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
arrythewurzel":11kksnkf said:
I can’t help wondering whether a lot of our problems are down to the fact DA has weaved himself into every corner of the club and there’s no one to challenge and hold him to account. An assistant manager should be an equal. Do we honestly think Wotton has anything to offer DA advice wise? When held to account he throws his toys outa the Pram like with the Herald. I’d imagine no-one is questioning his decisions - for fear of being isolated.

Yes I can imagine that Craig Brewster probably once said to Dadams: 'I think you're wrong Boss'!! :shock:

Think Tyrion serving wine to Prince Joffrey? :think: