Just back... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just back...

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
All I can remember of this memorable win is a bloke shouting "Mark the wingers"

Glad we held out and we looked good going forward except Freddie needs to be allowed to tussle by the referees as seemed when he was fouled it was acceptable he did the same and was penalised

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Clarke_B":1ke3fxet said:
CornishPaul":1ke3fxet said:
What's all this draw nonsence that's happening Thursday? Anyone know anything about it??

The draw takes place on Thursday at 7pm Paul. It is taking place before the Sunderland match and not China or Thailand like last season! It is unseeded but the draw will be a north/south divide
Any away tie from Palace/West Ham/Watford/Fulham/Millwall or Brentford please.

I think I'm right in saying there is no splitting of crowd money in this cup so we might as well play them at home.

Jun 24, 2008
Really enjoyed the game last night. Went into things not expecting a lot due to our past in this cup and Saturdays performance but boy did I leave with a grin on my face!

We performed excellently. We defended really well. I must say that Canavan looked great, he also made Wootton more comfortable (as he was poor on Sat). Grant/Carey played closer to Ladapo so the knock ons weren't going to waste. Balls forward were hitting their man. Ladapo was energetic, frustrating for their defenders and a proper handful. I really like him. Then there's Macey and Songo'o. Macey stopped everything and was a excellent from crosses. Songo'o played with his heart on his sleeve, there were skills, a goal great passing sideways and forward. He was excellent.

Players chucked themselves at everything even those few on yellows. Bristol looked out of ideas in the first half, second half they played more balls in behind which got them closer but last ditch blocks were fantastic. They scored the goal all but offside..bit of luck there. Weimann changed the game for them when he came on but we stuck too it. Adams put Taylor and Wylde on to give more legs to chase and hold up the ball at the right end and it worked a treat in the key moments.

Fox is superb but I actually feel more comfortable having Songo'o breaking up play in the centre at the moment. It gives more space to the ball players and I'd like to see the same team start on Saturday. It's also nice to see options up front rather then worrying when R.Taylor isn't in the starting 11.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Yanner’s display reminded of that at Wigan last season, albeit that match was much more of a “backs -to-the-Wall” defensive display. Outstanding then as well....” Cometh the Hour Cometh the Yann” !

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Hoping we get a London away day in round 2. Being drawn at home to harmless but dull teams like Brentford or Crystal Palace would be a bit of an anticlimax, they're unappetising enough as league games let alone in the League Cup, but any excuse to watch football in London is always good.

I'd be really curious to see a game at the Olympic Stadium too, so West Ham away gets my vote.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I thought Canavan was our best defender during pre-season so it was a surprise that he was left out for the Walsall game and that Wootton played on his wrong side as a left sided centre back.
Edwards was brilliant against Walsall but poor in the Southend match so will Adams keep Wootton and Canavan as a right/left combination for the Coventry game?

Oct 24, 2010
We were very good in the first half and after a bright start by city we just about had the best of the half and if any team deserved to be in front at half time we did. In the second half we set our stall to sit deep, keep our shape and defend which we did very well as City dominated possession. There were a couple of "heart in the mouth" scrambles towards the end but for all their pressure Macey didn't have a serious save to make. Our back four defended very narrow which allowed City to get the ball wide but we were able to get out and block the cross (which explains their high corner count) or we dealt comfortably with the crosses. The major disappointment was the number of times we missed the chance to hit them on the break; misplaced passes, the wrong run, too slow to release the ball etc. It's something we need to work on, not only we may have scored another goal but it would have kept their defence honest and discouraged them from pushing forward too much.

Oct 24, 2010
PL2 3DQ":2mypo1dv said:
I thought Canavan was our best defender during pre-season so it was a surprise that he was left out for the Walsall game and that Wootton played on his wrong side as a left sided centre back.
Edwards was brilliant against Walsall but poor in the Southend match so will Adams keep Wootton and Canavan as a right/left combination for the Coventry game?
I was very impressed by Canavan, he looked a very good defender, calm and assured and seemed to have a very good understanding with Wootton, who also had an excellent game. Very good on the ball as well

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Dan Ellard":sw3ql1wr said:
Our first win of any kind in this competition since we beat Portsmouth’s kids in 2012. The one before that was in 2007.

And that’s our first away win in the League Cup since 1990?!

And that game against Portsmouth was virtually a 'gimee' to Argyle, as Portsmouth were in a big financial cart loaded with smelly stuff at the time, and they came down to Home Park with a team of unproven u21 players, who did their best to compete. It was a nice evening, I seem to recall.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":1wlk6pcm said:
Dan Ellard":1wlk6pcm said:
Our first win of any kind in this competition since we beat Portsmouth’s kids in 2012. The one before that was in 2007.

And that’s our first away win in the League Cup since 1990?!

And that game against Portsmouth was virtually a 'gimee' to Argyle, as Portsmouth were in a big financial cart loaded with smelly stuff at the time, and they came down to Home Park with a team of unproven u21 players, who did their best to compete. It was a nice evening, I seem to recall.

Might be wrong but I seem to remember Paris Cowan-Hall having a very good game that night.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
macleanie":2av4rydc said:
Really enjoyed the game last night. Went into things not expecting a lot due to our past in this cup and Saturdays performance but boy did I leave with a grin on my face!

We performed excellently. We defended really well. I must say that Canavan looked great, he also made Wootton more comfortable (as he was poor on Sat). Grant/Carey played closer to Ladapo so the knock ons weren't going to waste. Balls forward were hitting their man. Ladapo was energetic, frustrating for their defenders and a proper handful. I really like him. Then there's Macey and Songo'o. Macey stopped everything and was a excellent from crosses. Songo'o played with his heart on his sleeve, there were skills, a goal great passing sideways and forward. He was excellent.

Players chucked themselves at everything even those few on yellows. Bristol looked out of ideas in the first half, second half they played more balls in behind which got them closer but last ditch blocks were fantastic. They scored the goal all but offside..bit of luck there. Weimann changed the game for them when he came on but we stuck too it. Adams put Taylor and Wylde on to give more legs to chase and hold up the ball at the right end and it worked a treat in the key moments.

Fox is superb but I actually feel more comfortable having Songo'o breaking up play in the centre at the moment. It gives more space to the ball players and I'd like to see the same team start on Saturday. It's also nice to see options up front rather then worrying when R.Taylor isn't in the starting 11.

Agreed with all of that Macleanie - was a memorable night great GA support too

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":2dvam1nw said:
I thought Moore had a very good game. A couple of mistake early on bit apart from that, he impressed me again.

Everyone I was sat with thought he looked a liability defensively, interesting how different people can see things I guess..

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Clarke_B":5mea6xrw said:
CornishPaul":5mea6xrw said:
What's all this draw nonsence that's happening Thursday? Anyone know anything about it??

The draw takes place on Thursday at 7pm Paul. It is taking place before the Sunderland match and not China or Thailand like last season! It is unseeded but the draw will be a north/south divide
Any away tie from Palace/West Ham/Watford/Fulham/Millwall or Brentford please.

Having thought about it I’d rather have a home tie against L1 or L2 opposition.. then if we do win we’ve got a chance to play against one of the really big boys when they enter at the 3rd round stage..

Oct 24, 2010
JannerinCardiff":2mpadat6 said:
IJN":2mpadat6 said:
I thought Moore had a very good game. A couple of mistake early on bit apart from that, he impressed me again.

Everyone I was sat with thought he looked a liability defensively, interesting how different people can see things I guess..
I thought he had a good game. He had a tough job. Our back four defended very narrow so when the ball went wide he had to get out quick to close down their winger, who was a real handful, which he generally did very well.

Nov 2, 2004
It is the way we play,we allow crosses from wide rather like Wimbledon did in the old crazy gang days.What we do not allow is players to get to the bye line,our aim is to be narrow and defend our box.This is why so many teams in Div 2 thought they had outplayed us and lost.Moore played much better last night ,he is very young and with the perfect manager to develop his game.