Keep Taylor out!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Keep Taylor out!!

Sep 19, 2015
Probably not the most respectful of titles but the point does stand. We are a far worse side when Ryan Taylor plays - FACT. The key last night was the movement of the front two and the ability to run channels and get higher up the pitch. I feel for Ryan Taylor but from my limited sources, hes earning a fair old wack at Argyle and we could probably do alot worse than offer his services elsewhere.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Devongreenowl":1xbkjcnz said:
Yes, unnecessary post but I suspect there may be more than just Taylor wondering when he might get back into the side. Cooper is playing really well, so Mayor might still be on the bench at the weekend. Rudden put in an all action display last night, scored one could have had another. Aimson might have to wait for his chance as even our vulnerable defence was looking well organised. Telford will obviously inject some pace from the bench when he is fit again, but the old adage of not changing a winning side is likely to be to the fore. Five unbeaten and three clean sheets. When you consider we should also have won the Swindon and Scunthorpe games, there’s plenty to be positive about. That includes strong competition for places :scarf:
I'd argue we probably *should* have also won against Oldham and Crawley considering we surrendered a 2-1 lead in both with late goals. But hey ho, that's football. As long as we have a chance of promotion (or have already been promoted) by the time we've played 46 games, then it's a been a successful season.

Dec 21, 2015
Top6utd":kayq5n83 said:
Don't always get things right, but this looks certain. Interesting to note that we lost 4 games when Taylor started and only 1 loss in last 9 where he started only one, which we drew and he didn't score. I'm surprised a manager who got promoted last season thought Taylor would work in his system, but he's finally worked out that youth and fluidity of movement works well. Keep it up now Ryan and don't let him back in.

Blocked - clearly not a fan and just an attention seeking troll

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
The post could have been worded a whole lot different but i agree with the op. Whilst i was a huge Taylor fan, and still am, he does not seem to be the same player he was when we were on our promotion push. He just does not look sharp and slows our play down. He also has a bad habbit of throwing himself to the ground now trying to get a freekick whereas he would have been netter suited either challenging for the ball or actually laying it off to a runner.
Things change, times change, players change. Im sure Tayls will have a vital role in the team when needed but on performance, the team does look better without him.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Pretty disrespectful OP to be honest. There’s a way of putting your opinion across and that isn’t it.

Whilst I appreciate the underlying statistics, Taylor is a good footballer and has had very good spells for us.

Unfortunately he does not suit the mould of a Ryan Lowe striker and his injury record is getting worse. So i too would move him on, but as a player he is one of the better centre forwards we’ve had in recent years. For me anyway.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Nobby":1t1qzy67 said:
Pretty disrespectful OP to be honest. There’s a way of putting your opinion across and that isn’t it.

Whilst I appreciate the underlying statistics, Taylor is a good footballer and has had very good spells for us.

Unfortunately he does not suit the mould of a Ryan Lowe striker and his injury record is getting worse. So i too would move him on, but as a player he is one of the better centre forwards we’ve had in recent years. For me anyway.
I agree. First, “We need a new manager” (Really??!!) and now, “Keep Taylor out!!
The topics do seem to generate debate but it is the tactless and inappropriate headings that he chooses.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Nobby":965mmbvy said:

100% agree

In a team that played more direct and long balls forward he would be pretty much up there for this league and maybe L1

Unfortunately for Taylor, Lowe’s style doesn’t need that static type target man to bring others into play, he prefers short sharp and pacey movement in the box and willing runners.

I think 2/3 are being lined up for the exit door and hopefully they getting the help and support in finding new clubs lined up.

Sep 7, 2006
For me, Taylor is the best player (of his type) we have had since Trigger. And we all know how he divided opinion, in both spells. Personally, I love players like this - doing the unsung work and enabling others to shine. But I appreciate it's different strokes for different folks.

I hope he recovers and we can find a way to play him; at this level, when fit, I think he's a force to be reckoned with. But whatever the case, the bare minimum he deserves is a bit of respect - he takes a battering whenever he plays for us, and some of the nastier teams we play have cottoned on to his ankle problems.

Jan 27, 2012
Ryan Taylor has been a great player for Argyle- he was the key under Adams system. It’s not all about scoring goals- Mickey Evans is one of the best centre forwards of the last 30 years but didn’t score many goals. It was all about his unselfish team work and setting players up to score. Ryan Taylor is in the same mould and I hope Lowe recognises his talents. He is an excellent player for this league and deserves better.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Sure everyone’s positive if back-patting for the games they might have won.

Taylor was one of the key failures in that awful squad from last season which clearly gave up playing.

Has he done enough since to now warrant forgetting all that, no. Maybe Sarce is getting there, perhaps even Sawyer, Taylor no way. Happy trails.

Maybe another one who can go from terrible on the pitch to ‘exceptional’ on the radio.

Sep 6, 2006
Gary_Wills":1dwi497h said:

Taylor was one of the key failures in that awful squad from last season which clearly gave up playing.

Has he done enough since to now warrant forgetting all that, no. Maybe Sarce is getting there, perhaps even Sawyer, Taylor no way. Happy trails.

Maybe another one who can go from terrible on the pitch to ‘exceptional’ on the radio.

Except Taylor played very few games last season. Dont let facts get in the way of your argument.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Balham_Green":2usqkknq said:
Gary_Wills":2usqkknq said:

Except Taylor played very few games last season. Dont let facts get in the way of your argument.

'Very few games' was actually 37 games.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":3fqi6boc said:
Balham_Green":3fqi6boc said:
Gary_Wills":3fqi6boc said:

Indeed. And STARTED 6 in the League. Dont let facts get in the way again!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Balham_Green":3qeois4m said:
PL2 3DQ":3qeois4m said:
Balham_Green":3qeois4m said:
Gary_Wills":3qeois4m said:

Indeed. And STARTED 6 in the League. Dont let facts get in the way again!

You didn't say 'started'. I knew I would regret engaging with you.