Kick Off Times | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kick Off Times

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I can't recall too many Friday night home TV games. Yet obviously the one against Leceister created a cracking atmosphere.

In general, l do enjoy Saturday 3pm fixtures, but with the new SKY deal next season feel this would be even more a rarity. Especially, if we remain in the championship.

Don't get me wrong, lm not apposed to things changing in football. But as we support a club that has long distances to travel to away games l am slightly concerned how expensive it is. Its great if you can afford to make a weekend away of it. For those of us who would hope to travel up & back on the same day, the choice of how to do this is rather limited due to the poor public transport infrastructure we have.

Have we been relatively lucky to escape being on SKY that much? I look at the promotion run in & those teams are subjected to TV slots available. If we are ever successful in this league, that is the fate that awaits us.

I was wondering what people's general feelings have been of it this season? Are we now after several years just more accepting of this? Or have we not even experienced as of yet how bad it can get as a fan experience? I suppose the flip side is that although it can be more difficult to get to an away game, that TV has given a greater number of people the opportunity to watch Argyle via TV.

Personally, l do love the atmosphere of evening games. I never really been someone who enjoys lunchtime kick offs. As there are even more games on SKY next season is it even possible for the football fixtures to be even more demanding on a supporters social time?

Jul 12, 2016
I always prefer a kick off at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon with the occasional Tuesday evening. This messing around with kick off times to appease Sky really winds me up. The last minute arrangements show no consideration to the fans and is all about money

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Sky pays a lot of money for the privilege and if it means we can improve players and infrastructure I feel it’s worth it. Obviously, Leicester had Millwall the Tuesday before the Friday game here so would undoubtedly be a nightmare for them but there will always be ways and means around that.
As for the fans, it’s always those that have change forced on them.
Maybe it might offer different fans travelling to different games and watching Argyle on the box as an alternative.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
I always prefer a kick off at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon with the occasional Tuesday evening. This messing around with kick off times to appease Sky really winds me up. The last minute arrangements show no consideration to the fans and is all about money

Next season onwards it will be plenty of notice of game times getting moved to accommodate Sky

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
Lunchtime games are always flat. Friday night and Monday night are normally still great atmospheres.

I wouldn’t imagine that we would get more than the contractually obliged amount. This season it was 3 home games which they just squeeked in by getting our 22nd home game. I would assume that the guaranteed number will go up so, whatever that number is, probably that.

I think it just feels like more because of two extra away games, the Leeds fa cup game and all midweek games being available.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Let us not kid ourselves that the last two Fridays had anything to do with us. Sky wanted to record Rotherham going down and Leicester going up. They must have been annoyed last Friday!

Reactions: Argyle Since'68

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Sky hold all the cards & definitely the purse strings
The Football Clubs just bow down to the scheduling they are given

Nov 18, 2011
I do like an evening game, there's nothing nicer than finishing work at 5, grabbing a couple of pints somewhere then going to the game.

It can't be denied though that their awkward for fans who may have to travel a long way to the fixture.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
So Sky have ended ArgyleTV, wonderful 😞

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
taken from

Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

Seems we will still have audio commentary

Reactions: KJC
Jun 27, 2019
So Sky have ended ArgyleTV, wonderful 😞
There's far more money available to clubs through Sky than through their own streaming services. Obviously it isn't ideal from a fan's perspective, though I spend more on streaming Argyle games than I do on my Sky Sports subscription so it'll work for me.

I think you can also watch Sky Sports without a contract via Now TV, so it's not necessarily a non-starter for fans who don't want a Sky contract.

And anyway, games will still be streamed on Argyle TV for international fans, so the option of using a VPN will still be there.

Reactions: Lancastergreen