Larrieu to Bristol Rovers. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Larrieu to Bristol Rovers.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
but then again Button's attempt at saving Walsall's second goal which was described by Peter Reid as 'soft' must also be brought into the equation.I'm not at all impressed by Button whatsoever....just another youngster/loanee who Argyle are giving match time too ..much the same as Parrett....cant see what either of these bring to the team....would rather see Le Keeper between the sticks and Summers in midfield....If Ro goes fair play to the bloke...he obviously wants first team football unlike the refuseniks who are just interested in the pay cheque....

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
This is all nothing new. Every manager since Ollie has opted to replace Ro.

It may be comforting to you Gareth, a bit like your favourite slippers (Im not sure mind if you have a fav pair, but you get my drift) but "comforting" is not what we need.

Button may not be the best, but on balance I do believe he is a better keeper than Ro as was Stockdale before him and Luke and any one else Ive missed.

I suspect its harder because it is a gentleman thats involved as oppossed to a, well, pick any number of fans dislikes.

Makes it none the less true.

G

Gareth Nicholson

tonycholwell":1502xlhw said:

It may be comforting to you Gareth, a bit like your favourite slippers (Im not sure mind if you have a fav pair, but you get my drift) but "comforting" is not what we need.

Button may not be the best, but on balance I do believe he is a better keeper than Ro as was Stockdale before him and Luke and any one else Ive missed.

I suspect its harder because it is a gentleman thats involved as oppossed to a, well, pick any number of fans dislikes.

And they've all brought him back, too.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Gareth Nicholson":1psktrvi said:
tonycholwell":1psktrvi said:

Normally through force of circumstance, but they still concluded he had to be replaced in the end.

G

Gareth Nicholson

tonycholwell":3ngf31f4 said:
Gareth Nicholson":3ngf31f4 said:
tonycholwell":3ngf31f4 said:

Normally through force of circumstance, but they still concluded he had to be replaced in the end.

True, and the rational mind suggests his time as first choice is at an end. But wither emotion, Tony? Wither comradeship, loyalty and all-round decency? Are those traits to shrivel and die like a solitary grape on an abandoned vine? Hmm?

Or, to put it a more prosaic way: we could just buy a permanent 'keeper.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Gareth Nicholson":d3myhpp7 said:
tonycholwell":d3myhpp7 said:
Gareth Nicholson":d3myhpp7 said:
tonycholwell":d3myhpp7 said:

True, and the rational mind suggests his time as first choice is at an end. But wither emotion, Tony? Wither comradeship, loyalty and all-round decency? Are those traits to shrivel and die like a solitary grape on an abandoned vine? Hmm?

Or, to put it a more prosaic way: we could just buy a permanent 'keeper.

Sadly Gareth, therein lies the rub, until the end of this season when 10 senior pros contracts are up, Im not sure we can afford to.

As I said earlier, if it had been any other player there wouldnt be such a feeling of disloyalty, but it is sadly, Le Keeper and his time as No1 is up, sorry.

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
and where would that leave us we would have to have a rather young chap to be a young understudy to Jenson !!!!

I say bring back Dave Philp,Dave Walter or Harvey Lim ah them were the days when we had a reserve goalkeeper who couldnt get a game for Saltash I blame the signing of Steve Cherry for the end of those days !

Apr 15, 2008
London
I think the keeper position has been the least of our worries over the past 2 seasons. I like Ro, and wouldn't panic if he was in the team, but still think Stockdale and now Button edged him slightly...