Lateral thinking quiz. #2 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lateral thinking quiz. #2

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
If Ben who only tells the truth had said it he would be saying Fred was claiming to be Fred, which is true, but Fred only lies.

Therefore it is Fred who only lies that says the phrase....because if Ben said it he would be saying Fred was claiming the other one was Fred which is a lie.

It is Fred...and I need a lie down

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
Doesn't the stick one depend on how much sawdust weighs?

I keep looking for the catch but it is a quarter of a pound less any wastage isn't it?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
pafcprogs":2xiqd0vz said:

I keep looking for the catch but it is a quarter of a pound less any wastage isn't it?

Yes but a stick can be 3 inches wide at the top and 1 inch wide at the bottom?? :think:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
She makes seven cigarettes from the 49 ends, and then she is able to make one more from the seven she has just smoked.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Thanks Ian saved me a post, oh I`ve just posted, in that case ignore this post as I`ve not made it.

Aug 8, 2013
pafcprogs":hf1vy3h7 said:

Same here. I keep thinking I must be missing something, but.........

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The 'official' answer is.......

. Each piece would weigh just less than a quarter of a pound. (you must remember the sawdust created from the cut would cause the loss.) This is similar to the situation that appeared in Shakespeare's play 'the merchant of Venice.' when shylock won a pound of Antonio's flesh, he was allotted only the pound of flesh. This meant he could take a pound of flesh, but he could only do it on condition that he take no blood or even a fraction more than one pound of flesh.

Don't shoot the messenger. :thumbup: