Lateral thinking quiz. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lateral thinking quiz.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
20. Room full of dead tigers.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
1. Name an ancient invention still in use in most parts of the world today that allows people to see through walls.

Window

2. A five letter word becomes shorter when you add two more letters, what's the word

Short

3. How many animals of each species did Moses take into the Ark?

None, it was Noah.

4. In what sport are the shoes made of metal?

Horse racing (or any sport involving horses)

5. If a plane crashes on the Italian/Swiss border, where do you bury the survivors?

Survivors???

6. A man was pushed out of a small aeroplane, without a parachute but survived with no injuries apart from a few bruises. How was this possible?

The aeroplane was on the ground

7. How can you throw a ball as hard as you can, and make it stop and return to you, without hitting anything and with nothing attached to it?

Throw it upwards

8. What can you hold in your right hand, but not in your left?

Your left hand

9. A cowboy rode into town on Friday, spent one night there, and left on Friday. How do you account for this?

His horse was called Friday

10. What common chemical compound can be represented: H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O?

It's Water H to O!!!

11. Four people try to get underneath one small umbrella, but nobody gets wet. How is this possible?

Its not raining

12. What is the next letter in this sequence J F M A M J ?

J (July)

13. A 6-foot tall man was holding a glass beaker above his head. He let it drop to the carpet without spilling a single drop of water. How could he manage to drop the glass from a height of six feet and not spill a drop of water?

There was no water in the glass

14. You're an airline pilot and you walk into the airport bar and notice the Captain is wearing a dress. How would you react.

Say hello Captain (who is obviously a woman)

15. If you were alone in a deserted house at night, and there was an oil lamp, a candle and firewood and you only have one match, which would you light first?

The match

16. Which side of a cat contains the most hair?

The outside

17. You are running a 100m race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

First

18. In the same race, if you overtake the last person, then you are in what position?

You are still in first. There were only two people in the race.

19. Marys mum has 4 children, Eeny, Meeny, Miny and.........?

Mary

20. You have to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires The second is full of tigers that havent eaten in 3 years. The third is full of assassins with loaded machine guns. Which room should you choose?

The room with the dead Tigers in it!

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Surely 17 is second?

... also 18 doesn't make sense. You can't overtake the last person if there are only two runners, unless you overtake yourself.

Or maybe I'm just being thick? Wouldn't be the first time!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Lousy_Pint":31ejft32 said:
Surely 17 is second?

... also 18 doesn't make sense. You can't overtake the last person if there are only two runners, unless you overtake yourself.

Or maybe I'm just being thick? Wouldn't be the first time!

You can overtake the last person if you lap them. Doesn’t mean you’re winning, as the whole field can lap the last person so if there’s 10 people in the race, the answer could be the top 9.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Lousy_Pint":2vsc5200 said:
But, according to q17, it is a 100m race. Even Mr Bolt would be hard pressed to lap me in that scenario!!

Oh yeah, didn’t realise it was a 100m race. Still, I’m sure Mr Bolt could have a good chance of lapping me. He can run it in under 10s while I’d have to have a sit down half way.

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
No 17

If you are behind the tsecond person ( which you have to be to overtake them) then there is someone ahead of them.

Overtake the second person therefore and you move from third to second...the other person will still be ahead of you....

No 18

I don't see how this can work in 100m race....to overtake the last person you have to be behind them which is not possible in a sprint as they a re not last whilst you a re behind them,,....or lapping them in a longer race .....where you are behind them physically but not in race position...