Lower Mayflower seat "evictions" | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lower Mayflower seat "evictions"

Jan 29, 2020
The club have already shown the fans worth by booting 300 odd supporters out of their season ticket seats next season to install more corporate offering so this wouldn't surprise me.

The Devonport end seems illogical to me, its almost like for like, but I do like the idea of the away fans being housed in Block 7/8/9.

Access wise it makes more sense, the open space behind the BP end linking in to the new sports bar / tavaners tent too. If you look at most clubs in the champ, the away fans are NOT given the premium "behind the goal spot". Every little advantage to be gained matters, even if it means an extra point of 2 a season by swaying the ref's mind as he goes down the tunnel at half time, intimidating the opposition having Argyle fans behind both goals and either side of the tunnel too. People may poo poo this but there is phycological reason behind it. Teams in the champ that have allocated away fans a side / corner part of their ground now: Ipswich, Leicester, Leeds, Norwich, Hull, Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Blackburn, Stoke (will be next season). Add to this the ones that plonk away fans in a top tier Sunderland, Millwall, QPR I think I would like to see relocation of away fans to the Devonport / Lyndy corner

Reactions: Greenarmy1234
Jan 29, 2020
I sit in block 7 and I like it. I don't want to be moved to accommodate way fans and I doubt any of those around me who are also season ticket holders want that either.
I don't want to be moved to accommodate more "corporate" guests who are probably only attending on a freebie for networking purposes yet I received an email saying my seats for next season will now cost me £1,395 plus VAT. 2 of the seats (both under 8's) cost me £10 this season and I think mine was £320 so I have no choice but to move, probably to seats with a worse view, more inclement weather exposure etc but that is the price we pay for success. It shows where Argyle value their worth, until the stadium is expanded we have a limited capacity and they'd rather pull in more higher paying (dare I say it less interested) corporate guests than lower paying loyal fans

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I don't want to be moved to accommodate more "corporate" guests who are probably only attending on a freebie for networking purposes yet I received an email saying my seats for next season will now cost me £1,395 plus VAT. 2 of the seats (both under 8's) cost me £10 this season and I think mine was £320 so I have no choice but to move, probably to seats with a worse view, more inclement weather exposure etc but that is the price we pay for success. It shows where Argyle value their worth, until the stadium is expanded we have a limited capacity and they'd rather pull in more higher paying (dare I say it less interested) corporate guests than lower paying loyal fans
I wasn’t going to comment on the email I received yesterday, but that price is interesting as I’ve been offered the same, but for £100 more than that and I already pay for a padded seat (4 actually). It would cost me a cool £331 a game to have the seats that I have now next season. The only addition is I can go in to what is the GT’s now at half time.

I’ll stop there as I don’t like talking ill of the club.

Reactions: GreenTom and Janboy
Jan 6, 2004
I wasn’t going to comment on the email I received yesterday, but that price is interesting as I’ve been offered the same, but for £100 more than that and I already pay for a padded seat (4 actually). It would cost me a cool £331 a game to have the seats that I have now next season. The only addition is I can go in to what is the GT’s now at half time.

Are they in danger of getting too greedy? The corporate market in Plymouth is limited compared to most places and I cannot think many ordinary fans are going to be willing to pay those sort of prices for a padded seat and access to a bar are they?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Are they in danger of getting too greedy? The corporate market in Plymouth is limited compared to most places and I cannot think many ordinary fans are going to be willing to pay those sort of prices for a padded seat and access to a bar are they?
I hope they’ve done their research for their sakes.

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
never done the corporate offering so cant speak from experience. But from what I've seen from PAFC, they're selling out the corporate offering on a regular basis, so much so that they've been entertaining at the Copthorne. I'm also aware of 'ordinary fans' doing the corporate offering as a one off treat.
I'd say there's more demand than current supply, so not surprised at all that they want to offer more seats. It's all part of maximising income...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I have mates who want to keep their seats so they've decided to upgrade to 'Super Gold' so in that instance I suppose it's worked for PAFC

• Wow
Reactions: pafc jack

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There's 78 seats involved.

34 of which are already used for commercial customers.

Apparently the Far Post is almost sold out! 😳

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Which seats and when will we know?
You probably would have had an email from the club I’d say if it affected you. They did it after a good result. 😂😂

Aug 4, 2011

Same Daz, I’ve had it - wasn’t too peeved initially as I was looking to move if I could given the amount of soakings I’ve had this season, but the more I think of it, the more annoyed I am (especially as there seems to be a lack of urgency to sort an alternative). If this is the offering for a seat that was a fraction of the price that I’ve been paying for since relocating from the Lyndhurst it looks a really bad move all round

IMG_4394.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 17, 2005

Take a memory foam cushion with you to the match. Probably about 10 pounds on ebay

Apr 11, 2023
I wouldn't be happy if I receieved the email with no viable alternative seat offered. Glad I've got a seat in the 'commoners' Lyndhurst. Surely we should look after current season ticket holders until the stadium is redeveloped.

Reactions: djg145