Lower Mayflower seat "evictions" | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lower Mayflower seat "evictions"

Jun 27, 2019
Club has to reap the increase in demand while it can to compete in this division. Feel bad for the season ticket holders though.
Agreed. I'm sure the club will have looked at comparable packages elsewhere in the Championship before taking this action.

If we want to establish ourselves in this division then this is the type of thing we have to be doing.

Reactions: David Doidge
Jan 6, 2004
Same Daz, Iā€™ve had it - wasnā€™t too peeved initially as I was looking to move if I could given the amount of soakings Iā€™ve had this season, but the more I think of it, the more annoyed I am (especially as there seems to be a lack of urgency to sort an alternative). If this is the offering for a seat that was a fraction of the price that Iā€™ve been paying for since relocating from the Lyndhurst it looks a really bad move all round

View attachment 14969
Sorry this is, including VAT, Ā£1,800 for a padded seat, access to a bar, and tea and coffee at half time (plus "entertainment" whatever that is). That is Ā£78 per match assuming you attend every game, so about Ā£60 a match extra over a normal mayflower lower seat plus whatever you spend in "the Thatchers Bar." I understand the premium offer where you get meals and drinks and are in the main room where the main speakers are but this is nuts, who is paying this?

Reactions: Hank Moody
Apr 11, 2023
Yes it's ok until it's your season ticket being sold on for more money. Let's hope the fans who are told to stump up or lose out at least get an affordable alternative or high up on the waiting list (if that's considered fair to those already waiting!). The problem is if you do this to too many fans, the club will lose something in the process such as fans trust.

Jan 23, 2024
Same Daz, Iā€™ve had it - wasnā€™t too peeved initially as I was looking to move if I could given the amount of soakings Iā€™ve had this season, but the more I think of it, the more annoyed I am (especially as there seems to be a lack of urgency to sort an alternative). If this is the offering for a seat that was a fraction of the price that Iā€™ve been paying for since relocating from the Lyndhurst it looks a really bad move all round

View attachment 14969
Based on vat at 20% and 23 home first team games that is Ā£78 a game! Are they really expecting ordinary fans to pay that? And what is the unthinkable happens and we get relegated? I'm not surprised if anybody who is affected by this is pretty angry.

Reactions: Age of reason
Apr 2, 2024
The club have missed a trick here.

Moving season ticket holders will always go down badly but more money can be made.

Why not say any season ticket holder who has to move due to corporate expansion gets a free ticket for the following season. They then go back to regular price after that.

Simply moving fans with a ā€œtoughā€ Will come back to bite you if we are ever back in the lower half of league 1.

Jul 10, 2022
Agreed. I'm sure the club will have looked at comparable packages elsewhere in the Championship before taking this action.

If we want to establish ourselves in this division then this is the type of thing we have to be doing.
Up to a point I do agree with you but apart from Rotherham we have the smallest capacity so the ground isn't big enough to do what they want to do. All they are doing is alienating the hard core loyal supporters which in my opinion is a dangerous road to take.

Apr 15, 2024
If you want the club to spend more on the team, then this is the sort of thing you're just going to have to suck up.

Yes and that mirrors what I said earlier today over somebody dismissing Bet365 as an opponents sponsor owner as "dubious" or words they used to that effect

We have to go with the times and reap the financial rewards where we can

Aug 4, 2011
Based on vat at 20% and 23 home first team games that is Ā£78 a game! Are they really expecting ordinary fans to pay that? And what is the unthinkable happens and we get relegated? I'm not surprised if anybody who is affected by this is pretty angry.
Yes, and like others Iā€™ve tried introducing my kids into argyle. At Ā£80 a s/t itā€™s represented good value and got them hooked, Iā€™m now being asked to pay around the same amount PER GAME as I paid per season.

Reactions: Fergy

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yes, and like others Iā€™ve tried introducing my kids into argyle. At Ā£80 a s/t itā€™s represented good value and got them hooked, Iā€™m now being asked to pay around the same amount PER GAME as I paid per season.

Why are your kids having corporate?

Or have I read it wrong?

Sep 3, 2011

View attachment 14969
Ā£1,495 and get wet!?! Or is that section under cover? And is the "Ex" Exclusive of VAT or Exluding?

Aug 4, 2011
Why are your kids having corporate?

Or have I read it wrong?
To stay in my same seats my only option is this new ā€œclub goldā€ offering, club offered 10% discount on the Ā£1,495 + VAT for kids, still works out at Ā£70odd per game for a child