Lower Mayflower seat "evictions" | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lower Mayflower seat "evictions"

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Yes indeed, but where is the question? As I take my 2 kids they (understandably) won’t allow seats that are not together so quite what the offering will be remains to be seen, but wherever it maybe they’re m not going to give the view that I’ve had for the past 4 seasons (will be behind a pillar in the grandstand or front row somewhere else - basically seats nobody else wants)

Surely you can move to any other part of the ground?

Feb 11, 2024
Despite our recent successes, I do question whether we have enough wealthy ‘supporters’ who would be prepared to pay that.

Cornwall and Devon has its affluent areas outside of Plymouth but are those inhabitants really going Argyle regularly?
Not many, as wealthy people in the south west are typically rugby fans, in my experience at least. In other parts of the country this isnt neccesarily the case. But most wealthy(ish) people i know/ meet in the south west tend to be rugby fans and not have a clue about football. Some exceptions of course

Reactions: Fergy
Sep 28, 2022
Unfortunately as is always the case, as clubs become more successful, more money is needed and invariably the "average" fan is unable to or can, t compete with increasing admission costs.Most Premier league clubs are "in dispute" with their own core supporters over the increasing costs of watching their own particular team. Money is needed at every level of football obviously but when there is competition for seats, space etc, money will always win out and unfortunately not loyalty.

Last edited:

The Pasty Kid

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
Where though mate? There is a season ticket waiting list. There’s 100+ in the same boat
But they capped season tickets, there are still over 3000 seats for match by match purchase which they will have to offer to those displaced, whether that's 3 together who knows

Reactions: Green 1886
Aug 4, 2011
But they capped season tickets, there are still over 3000 seats for match by match purchase which they will have to offer to those displaced, whether that's 3 together who knows
Thanks, didn’t realize that. Like I said, cutting the club some slack until they come back with some offerings

The Pasty Kid

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
Yes, so I'm not going to say you'll get good offerings, just that you are an existing ST holder and so won't drop back to a waiting list, nor are we totally sold out through STs. Good luck

Reactions: Green 1886
Sep 22, 2020
so at £1495 plus irrecoverable VAT of £299 thats £1794. At 23 league games thats £78 per match.

if a season ticket costs £385 thats £16.73. A difference of £61.27 per game.

for access to a bar????? Really is that serious? do you get pre match food ???

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I can envisage a scenario where we’re struggling in league 1, or dare I say it back in league 2 in 8-10 years time. I wonder what price argyle will put on my seat then?
I’ve never been one to buy into this whole “this is MY SEAT” nonsense, but I’ve been going for over 35 years, a season ticket holder for well over half of it, it now feels I’m being priced (and bullied out of it). I’ll reserve full judgement until I see what alternative Argyle offer, but with a season ticket waiting list I’m not holding out much hope. It’s more my kids (and others in the same boat) who I feel for. Been reeled in by some really good offers over the past few seasons to now effectively be dropped for Harry Enfields “Loadsamoney” instead
Who’s to say that we won’t be inn the EPL by then?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Despite our recent successes, I do question whether we have enough wealthy ‘supporters’ who would be prepared to pay that.

Cornwall and Devon has its affluent areas outside of Plymouth but are those inhabitants really going Argyle regularly?

When I spoke to one of the senior management around Christmas time I was told that over £250k worth of business had already turned away from the corporate offerings!!

Aug 4, 2011
so at £1495 plus irrecoverable VAT of £299 thats £1794. At 23 league games thats £78 per match.

if a season ticket costs £385 thats £16.73. A difference of £61.27 per game.

for access to a bar????? Really is that serious? do you get pre match food ???
Even more disparity for kids tickets currently priced at £10 (way too low) or £80 a season.
There is no food as far as I’m aware, just what is on the image I attached - plus the likelihood of a soaking 50% of the time. I imagine those taking this up will be hobnobbing in the new bar when it’s raining rather than facing the elements and watching the football.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah I think the kiddy ticket is a right kick up the jacksie but I suppose the corporate areas have to be concession free in a way.

It could end up full of OAPs and Kids which, less face it, isn't what those areas are intended for.

Reactions: Stevie Wotsa