Lower Mayflower seat "evictions" | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lower Mayflower seat "evictions"

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What I meant is it's the same result.,

You or he haven't got the ST you want.

Both of which have been caused by the club 'progressing'.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
This thread to me, will be a sign of the penny dropping for some in terms of the price you pay for wanting more success.

It's nice to have a community run club. However, the more it's gets successful, then the more people become interested in it. This of course means you need to satisfy (what essential is your new customerbase) who are less patient. How you going to do this? Generate more money.

Suddenly, you look at where your making the most money. Ah, corporate hospitality. In order to grow quicker this is the potential market you tap into because of the financial rewards. Things that made you a community club are going to change in order to fulfill the appetite of success. One of them is moving your loyal fans if needed.

A lot of us have grown up with this football club. Doing things a partcular way. If this club is to achieve its aim of being sustainable in the championship there will be many tough decisions ahead. Decisions unfortunately more about money, than the welfare of some of its supporters. Its the price of being successful.

You can't become a brilliantly run business, if you don't make decisions that are head over the heart. For us as fans its a football club, not a business. I truly believe Simon Hallett feels like this. Yet in order to achieve what us as fans want for this football club he will have to make decisions he might not like but make business sense.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022
I hate when season ticket holders say my seat it's not your seat your leasing it from argyle like leasing a car you don't own it.

And if the give away corporate seating to sponsors who have put £1000s into the club or someone who wants to pay £200 for a vip afternoon then get over it.

The real truth of the championship/premier league it runs on money and I imagine those extra seats are to do green traveners purchases for vip afternoons

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I hate when season ticket holders say my seat it's not your seat your leasing it from argyle like leasing a car you don't own it.

And if the give away corporate seating to sponsors who have put £1000s into the club or someone who wants to pay £200 for a vip afternoon then get over it.

The real truth of the championship/premier league it runs on money and I imagine those extra seats are to do green traveners purchases for vip afternoons

Very easy to say but it still not good is it?

Daz's family are Argyle mad, I've known the kids since birth and they are as green as green can be.

It may be unstoppable what is happening but it is also unpalatable to boot.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003

Two years ago when in league one I paid £4k for the seats. Last year I paid an extra £800 for them than normal prices, so I’ve put a fair few thousand in to the club the last 2 years to help us get where we are. Let’s not forget the £500 for project 35 shirts for kids I chucked in as well.

I fully understand the club maximising income, I would just prefer they used seats that weren’t already being used by season ticket holders who have been paying way over the top for years.

Those 4 seats that cost me £4k originally are now £7200 two years later for an inferior match day experience. Now because I think that’s too much to justify or to be frank can afford I’ll be transferred to a rubbish seat in a different part of the ground away from all of our mates.

Kinda stings a bit I can tell you.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Where though mate? There is a season ticket waiting list. There’s 100+ in the same boat

They’ve only capped season tickets, worth while asking club where else they can accommodate you. I know when you renew a season ticket, you’ve got a window to swap seats to another part of ground.

Reactions: Green 1886
Feb 13, 2021
Same Daz, I’ve had it - wasn’t too peeved initially as I was looking to move if I could given the amount of soakings I’ve had this season, but the more I think of it, the more annoyed I am (especially as there seems to be a lack of urgency to sort an alternative). If this is the offering for a seat that was a fraction of the price that I’ve been paying for since relocating from the Lyndhurst it looks a really bad move all round

View attachment 14969

Feb 13, 2021
Same Daz, I’ve had it - wasn’t too peeved initially as I was looking to move if I could given the amount of soakings I’ve had this season, but the more I think of it, the more annoyed I am (especially as there seems to be a lack of urgency to sort an alternative). If this is the offering for a seat that was a fraction of the price that I’ve been paying for since relocating from the Lyndhurst it looks a really bad move all round

View attachment 14969
Whats Thatchers Sports Bar?

Jan 6, 2004
Those 4 seats that cost me £4k originally are now £7200 two years later for an inferior match day experience. Now because I think that’s too much to justify or to be frank can afford I’ll be transferred to a rubbish seat in a different part of the ground away from all of our mates.

Kinda stings a bit I can tell you.
This is a misjudgment on their part I think. People will pay through the nose apparently to be "part of it" and go in the main lounge where they will see directors and players presentations and see the main speakers. Surely they are not going to pay so much just for a padded seat that is prone to getting wet, a half time cup of tea, and access to a pay bar a few minutes walk away. It just doesnt make any sense.

Reactions: PutneyPete

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Thanks everyone for the comments and feedback.

Just to absolutely clarify the process we’ve been through and give some context from club:

We have seen a period of rapid growth, both in GA season ticket holders (including demand) and in Hospitality. The club is trying to ensure it can grow in line with demand, in order to generate more income which in turn get’s put into the football budget so we can compete in the Championship. We recently published our 5 year mission to become a sustainable Championship Club with Premier League aspirations. With this in mind, we have to be innovative in generating income but also maximise our existing streams.

While there is appetite to build more seats, this takes time and planning and in the meantime we are ensuring that we can continue to compete financially in this league.
All of the above being said, we do understand that this is an emotive subject and also that for those it impacts it’s an unwelcome change.

My team started working on this a month ago, and one of the important considerations was to ensure that whatever we did, we made sure the least amount of people were impacted. We reviewed a number of options and looked at the specific type of ticket holders in each area. The option we have adopted will mean some season ticket holders are displaced, but also Commercial season ticket holders are too.

The team are absolutely committed to making sure that every person impacted is found the best possible solution, hence the early engagement prior to season tickets going on sale and two dedicated members of staff have been allocated the role of speaking to everyone individually and talking through options. We also acknowledge that it would be shortsighted of us to view everyone through one lens. We therefore wanted the engagement via phone calls to capture any specific information we may not already be aware of so we can take this into consideration.

It’s fair to say that despite what many may think, lots of the Hospitality guests we have are regular guests that have been attending Home Park for a long time too. Some of these have been season ticket holders and traded up recently to Hospitality packages.
I want to assure everyone that while all of our decision making includes many aspects, one important consideration is keeping aligned with our community value. We, of course, have to weigh up the commercials, but even where a commercial decision is made we go through a process to ensure we mitigate any risks and also we do our best to offset any risks/concerns or at at least minimise them.

Thanks all.

CK

Sep 22, 2020
i guess it is difficult to critisise the club selling seats for £78 a match rather than £17 and actually not have to provide anything material in return. what astounds me is that people actually pay that much!

Reactions: oldage
Jan 6, 2004
i guess it is difficult to critisise the club selling seats for £78 a match rather than £17 and actually not have to provide anything material in return. what astounds me is that people actually pay that much!
I agree, if the club can swing it, fine, its all money in the coffers. I agree with you though, I just dont see how the experience on offer is attractive for the price, but perhaps there is more on offer than we realise...

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
This is a misjudgment on their part I think. People will pay through the nose apparently to be "part of it" and go in the main lounge where they will see directors and players presentations and see the main speakers. Surely they are not going to pay so much just for a padded seat that is prone to getting wet, a half time cup of tea, and access to a pay bar a few minutes walk away. It just doesnt make any sense.
People will pay it mate, a few of my friends are. Despite what people think, there is a fair bit of money around in Plymouth and it is affordable for lots of people.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016