Luggy's Answers (to our Q&A). | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luggy's Answers (to our Q&A).

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
He's still a Legend in my eyes.

Wish him all the best in everything he does.

A book would be nice Paul.

:clap: :clap:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Interesting that he didn’t recommend Bobby Williamson as Paul Stapleton was on record as saying he did.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Paul Stapleton said a lot of things that didn't turn out to be true ....

Aug 5, 2016
rsp4":ybzhgvuy said:
During my second tenure I tried to build a young team but was obviously under pressure to win games (with tight budgets). I signed Bolasie, Puncheon, Arneson, Gallagher, Noone, Mackie, Barnes, Mason but sadly managers don’t often get the time they need

Blimey I had forgotten Luggy 2 had bought that bunch in. That's some squad looking back. 5 of them played prem football.

Perhaps if the club wasn't in the mire and had a little more time that would have been some squad :shock:

Luggy’s memory is playing tricks on him as he never signed Ashley Barnes, Ian Holloway did. Luggy didn’t exactly play him much either.
Joe Mason was a youth team graduate so he wasn’t really a signing to take credit for.
Puncheon was rarely played due to a reported attitude issue, so Argyle/Sturrock can’t take too much credit for the player he eventually became.
He did well with Noone, Mackie and Bolasie though.

Oct 31, 2015
Knibbsworth":2enptij5 said:
rsp4":2enptij5 said:
During my second tenure I tried to build a young team but was obviously under pressure to win games (with tight budgets). I signed Bolasie, Puncheon, Arneson, Gallagher, Noone, Mackie, Barnes, Mason but sadly managers don’t often get the time they need

Blimey I had forgotten Luggy 2 had bought that bunch in. That's some squad looking back. 5 of them played prem football.

Perhaps if the club wasn't in the mire and had a little more time that would have been some squad :shock:

Luggy’s memory is playing tricks on him as he never signed Ashley Barnes, Ian Holloway did. Luggy didn’t exactly play him much either.
Joe Mason was a youth team graduate so he wasn’t really a signing to take credit for.
Puncheon was rarely played due to a reported attitude issue, so Argyle/Sturrock can’t take too much credit for the player he eventually became.
He did well with Noone, Mackie and Bolasie though.

Thanks Knibs :thumbup: My brain plays tricks on me as well :lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It does me, I could have sworn Luggy signed Barnes before Holloway came along.

Apr 1, 2009
Luggy also seems to have forgotten signing Steve Maclean, Simon Walton, Chris Clark, Jim "Stepover" Patterson, and Yoann Folly. I wish I could forget them too.