Luke McCormick | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke McCormick

Apr 1, 2009
I think it's nice that we can allow Luke to reach his 350th.

There's merit to being a nice, family-orientated, friendly club, even if we are not very good at football.

Dec 3, 2005
Knibbsworth":2x80j7af said:
djg145":2x80j7af said:
Was Cooper injured today or not?
It is sad that he will not be able to say he played EVERY MINUTE of his first season for Argyle.

I see the sentiments involved with Luke, but I also believe that appearances should be earned.

I don't like England throwing Caps around like confetti, it devalues appearing for England imho.

So if Cooper was injured fair enough.

McCormick moved house to come back to Argyle and mentor Cooper. He had played half a season for Swindon when he made that choice.

He has sat and watched Cooper play every minute for 50+ games. Surely you can’t begrudge him a match so he can see where he is at competitively, to see whether he can still compete at this level?

Other second keepers get to play in cup matches and start in finals, some get rotated to have some first team exposure. McCormick has had none of that and now apparently isn’t even allowed a run out in a meaningless dead rubber fixture. A sad attitude I think.

Well obviously you are entitled to your view, like I am. Why didn Lowe play him in Cup matches?
I just think that it is not fair on Cooper who cannot say now that he played in every game and for every minute.

Anyhow 5 minutes of play and one conceded goal - lets hope he dosent let more goals in during the last game of the season.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
djg145":1n8btx2f said:
Anyhow 5 minutes of play and one conceded goal - lets hope he dosent let more goals in during the last game of the season.

He wasn't at fault for the goal in the slightest?

In fact he made a good reaction stop and was let down by his team mates, I highly doubt it would have made any difference had Cooper been between the sticks.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
djg145":1fn3az5f said:
Knibbsworth":1fn3az5f said:
djg145":1fn3az5f said:
It is sad that he will not be able to say he played EVERY MINUTE of his first season for Argyle.

I see the sentiments involved with Luke, but I also believe that appearances should be earned.

I don't like England throwing Caps around like confetti, it devalues appearing for England imho.

McCormick moved house to come back to Argyle and mentor Cooper. He had played half a season for Swindon when he made that choice.

He has sat and watched Cooper play every minute for 50+ games. Surely you can’t begrudge him a match so he can see where he is at competitively, to see whether he can still compete at this level?

Other second keepers get to play in cup matches and start in finals, some get rotated to have some first team exposure. McCormick has had none of that and now apparently isn’t even allowed a run out in a meaningless dead rubber fixture. A sad attitude I think.

Well obviously you are entitled to your view, like I am. Why didn Lowe play him in Cup matches?
I just think that it is not fair on Cooper who cannot say now that he played in every game and for every minute.

I expect they will get 45 minutes each on Sunday

Jul 12, 2016
Dreamgreen":1h3he528 said:
djg145":1h3he528 said:
Knibbsworth":1h3he528 said:
djg145":1h3he528 said:

Doesn't really matter now. A meaningless match to finish a forgettable season.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
oldage":t6bdxxup said:
It is not a meaningless match.

It could decide whether we end up 17th, 18th, or 19th. I, for one, don't want is to end up 19th.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
oldage":1yzuxmi4 said:
Dreamgreen":1yzuxmi4 said:
djg145":1yzuxmi4 said:
Knibbsworth":1yzuxmi4 said:
djg145":1yzuxmi4 said:

I disagree on two counts. It will be nice for Cooper and Luke to reach their respective milestones.

As for the match itself, of course it is a dead rubber.