Man of the Match v Newport? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Man of the Match v Newport?

Man of the Match v Newport

• Palmer

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Wootton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canavan

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Sawyer

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Bakinson

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Moore

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Conor Grant

• Mayor

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Cooper

• Jephcott

• Hardie

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Edwards

• Taylor

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Randell

• Total voters
Moore for me. As has been said he is usually neat and tidy and has the ability to burst into life. Any one of the back 3 plus Palmer could be nominated- they ( just) didn’t concede.
I am perplexed that 32% of votes have gone to Bakinson. I thought the game passed him by and whenever he did get on the ball he made a mistake. Looked out of his depth for me. With Sawyer’s enforced lay off Josh Grant ( if fit) will revert to the back 3 but I wouldn’t play Backinson at defensive mid again. Edwards did a good job there earlier in the season?

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Pogleswoody":2ymq3ygj said:
I voted for Palmer, a calming influence when we are under the cosh.
However, once I'd voted, I noticed that Edwards had no votes so I'd like to give my second transferable vote to him.
Made a difference when he came on, put in a shift!! :clap:

Agree with this! I was going to vote for Edwards as we got into the final minutes, but Palmer really was a reassuring presence as the pressure built.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
I went for Sawyer, thought he had a good game with little help from Cooper.
I really like Cooper but thoight he was pretty poor today and i dont think wing back is his position, albeit, he has done well there. I thought the red card was harsh but then again, 5-10 mins before the card Sawyer lunged and was very luck to get the ball, if he didnt, the red would have been earlier.
Also thought Palmer was good. We do miss Sarcevic in the middle though, his drive was missing today.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I think people are being a bit harsh on Cooper, he did stay back more than usual and made several important challenges on their winger to help Sawyer out. Sawyer was really struggling for pace, understandably as that winger was flying, thank goodness his end delivery wasn't great.
Palmer was my MOM, I thought DM was excellent when we were going forwards, the way he made room for Coopers cross for the goal was brilliant. Baks seems to be very erratic, does a great interception and then plays a wayward pass etc.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Didn't think there was any massively stand out performance but gone for Palmer. Just a word for cooper... He's not a wing back and so far as I know has not ever claimed to be one. I think dads will go back in there when fit enough. Where that leaves coops, I'm not sure... probably the bench, but I think he's doing his best at something completely alien to him.

Aug 8, 2013
abandonedhope":2j8j01e5 said:
Moore for me. As has been said he is usually neat and tidy and has the ability to burst into life. Any one of the back 3 plus Palmer could be nominated- they ( just) didn’t concede.
I am perplexed that 32% of votes have gone to Bakinson. I thought the game passed him by and whenever he did get on the ball he made a mistake. Looked out of his depth for me. With Sawyer’s enforced lay off Josh Grant ( if fit) will revert to the back 3 but I wouldn’t play Backinson at defensive mid again. Edwards did a good job there earlier in the season?

That's got me mystified as well. I lost count of the number of times he passed to the opposition or simply lost control today.
Nobody here has mentioned that he played well, yet he's the leading vote getter by some way ?