Manager sacking season underway | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Manager sacking season underway

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Wilder gone at Sheffield United.

I’m not really sure what more could have been expected of him with that squad. I at least thought they’d keep him for another crack at the Championship. He’ll be snapped up pretty quickly.

Cobi Budge":3603ggmd said:

I’m not really sure what more could have been expected of him with that squad. I at least thought they’d keep him for another crack at the Championship. He’ll be snapped up pretty quickly.

Poor decision. Can’t think of a better manager to get them back up. Norwich in a similar position made the right decision last year.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
mervyn":dip7uq9y said:
Cobi Budge":dip7uq9y said:

Poor decision. Can’t think of a better manager to get them back up. Norwich in a similar position made the right decision last year.
His decision though. The owner wants to bring in a Director of Football against Wilder's wishes so he walked.

Sky Sports

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Keepitgreen":1kxdwfqs said:
mervyn":1kxdwfqs said:
Cobi Budge":1kxdwfqs said:

His decision though. The owner wants to bring in a Director of Football against Wilder's wishes so he walked.

Sky Sports

His decision or constructive dismissal??
Do we really think that the owners didn't know what would make him stay and what would make him jump?? :think:

They need an obscure foreign manager with an Italian/Spanish sounding name that nobody in the UK has heard of. Seems par for the course! Watch this space!! :facepalm:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
" ... leaves with Pompey seventh in League One, 10 points off the top two and two points off the play-off places."

" .... eighth, fourth and fifth-placed finishes in his three seasons in charge - losing to Sunderland and Oxford United in the play-offs in the past two seasons."

What a terrible record!! :lol: :facepalm:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I was expecting a pun from you Pogles on the lines of:

He's been handed his Jacket and been asked to leave.

His parting words were: I'll get my coat

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Argylegames":vvi1qosp said:
I was expecting a pun from you Pogles on the lines of:

He's been handed his Jacket and been asked to leave.

His parting words were: I'll get my coat

Yes I can't say I wasn't tempted!

Not sure that I am up to my full mettle today. ;)

Maybe they'll go for Scott Parka?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Pogleswoody":1kqu5qe5 said:
" ... leaves with Pompey seventh in League One, 10 points off the top two and two points off the play-off places."

" .... eighth, fourth and fifth-placed finishes in his three seasons in charge - losing to Sunderland and Oxford United in the play-offs in the past two seasons."

What a terrible record!! :lol: :facepalm:
I fancy Eddie Howe could be a good fit. Wouldn't have to move house and potentially a bigger club than Bournemouth.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I highly doubt that Eddie Howe would drop below a mid table Championship club to be honest.

Neil Harris or Danny Cowley seem to be the favourites.