Match by match hospitality | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Match by match hospitality

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
How can they sell these without dates/fixtures?

As the price is either Category A or B how does this work when the opposition isn’t known?

Never committed to this yet myself, so, apologies for these (probably) basic questions.

Just for a slightly exaggerated example, if I wanted to commit today to our home game v say Sunderland next season would that mean I have to turn up even if Sky make it 530pm on a Sunday.

Thanks for answers in advance.

Edit - obviously this is probably less of an issue if you live close to Plymouth

Last edited:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nightmare for the corporate staff at Argyle AND all Argyle fans.

Great league to be in, but this will be a nightmare next season.

Jan 6, 2004
Gold Ticket is EIGHTY FOUR POUNDS

For this you get a padded seat in what is otherwise the cheapest area of the ground as there is no roof; access to a bar away from the main hospitality area (with no food or booze included apparently) tea/ coffee at half time and a program. This is taking the pee surely? why not just get a drink at the Britannia, take a seat cushion and a flask and save yourself £60?

Last edited:

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003

For this you get a padded seat in what is otherwise the cheapest area of the ground as there is no roof; access to a bar away from the main hospitality area (with no food or booze included apparently) tea/ coffee at half time and a program. This is taking the pee surely?
I’m going to keep 🤐

Aug 10, 2006
How can they sell these without dates/fixtures?

As the price is either Category A or B how does this work when the opposition isn’t known?

Never committed to this yet myself, so, apologies for these (probably) basic questions.

Just for a slightly exaggerated example, if I wanted to commit today to our home game v say Sunderland next season would that mean I have to turn up even if Sky make it 530pm on a Sunday.

Thanks for answers in advance.

Edit - obviously this is probably less of an issue if you live close to Plymouth
Agree ridiculous I would buy a couple for the start of the season whats the point you may as well pick a date and hope for the best.

Jan 7, 2004

For this you get a padded seat in what is otherwise the cheapest area of the ground as there is no roof; access to a bar away from the main hospitality area (with no food or booze included apparently) tea/ coffee at half time and a program. This is taking the pee surely?
Might as well spend the extra £12 or so (when you add in VAT) to get the one course meal. Which will probably be a burger or something like that. £84 is steep for what the offering is for most but some people will pay it.

Jan 6, 2004
Might as well spend the extra £12 or so (when you add in VAT) to get the one course meal. Which will probably be a burger or something like that. £84 is steep for what the offering is for most but some people will pay it.
In my experience even the well off want value. If the access was to the bar in main lounge as it has been previously, I could sort of understand it, you would feel part of it, see the players post match, see the main speakers etc, but this is access to the equivalent of the Far Post club. You are not going to feel particularly part of anything, its just a bar. Still each to their own, if they find people to buy these packages, fair enough I guess but I do think "One Argyle" should strive to provide value for everything they offer.

Reactions: SurreyJanner

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
In my experience even the well off want value. If the access was to the bar in main lounge as it has been previously, I could sort of understand it, you would feel part of it, see the players post match, see the main speakers etc, but this is access to the equivalent of the Far Post club. You are not going to feel particularly part of anything, its just a bar. Still each to their own, if they find people to buy these packages, fair enough I guess but I do think "One Argyle" should strive to provide value for everything they offer.
Completely agree, I wouldn't personally want to pay a premium price for access to a bar away from the main lounge. BUT - plenty of people will be willing to pay that premium, as was demonstrated last season with the 'overflow' corporate offering being hosted remotely at the Copthorne!!!

Jan 6, 2004
Completely agree, I wouldn't personally want to pay a premium price for access to a bar away from the main lounge. BUT - plenty of people will be willing to pay that premium, as was demonstrated last season with the 'overflow' corporate offering being hosted remotely at the Copthorne!!!
Fair point Surrey, but I guess they at least got fed!

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
We're booking for the opening Saturday home fixture on the proviso we can cancel if the dates don't work. Had a great day last season against Sutton in the Cup and doing it in the sunshine should be even better

Feb 8, 2005
We're booking for the opening Saturday home fixture on the proviso we can cancel if the dates don't work. Had a great day last season against Sutton in the Cup and doing it in the sunshine should be even better
Best take along a pac-a-mac or something similar though, eh?

Nov 3, 2006
Should there still be corporate tickets left close to a game I suppose it offers some people a way in to a game if they don't have a season ticket to use. Is a tad expensive, though.

Presumably they are ok with you doing that? Or saying that you want a match against a specific side and being pencilled in ahead of the fixtures coming out?

M