Mcarthy to leave ipswich at end of season . | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mcarthy to leave ipswich at end of season .

Dec 4, 2011
I thought that too but he strikes me as someone who still feels he could manage in the Premiership so I think it’s likely that he will take a top 10 Championship club.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up next season.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Adams is currently 19th longest serving manager (including Premier League) so will move up another spot when McCarthy goes.

With GoS out of action, I can't check but suspect Adams is now one of the longest serving post WW2 managers for us.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
cheshiregreen":4fakawew said:
Adams is currently 19th longest serving manager (including Premier League) so will move up another spot when McCarthy goes.

With GoS out of action, I can't check but suspect Adams is now one of the longest serving post WW2 managers for us.
Not a great source, but going off wikipedia to give an indication...Adams is listed as having managed 154 games. Which is beaten only by;
Jimmy Rae - 297 games
Jack Rowley - 238 games
Tony Waiters - 206 games
Dave Smith - 184 games
Paul Sturrock (first stint) - 178 games

I don't know how accurate those figures are, I did say it would only give an indication, but the top three are listed as having managed Argyle for five years and the bottom two for four years.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
lyndhurst green":jb29ce9d said:
McCarthy has left Ipswich Town tonight.

Yes. I am a bit surprised by this, given the fact it was agreed between the owner and McCarthy that they would part company at the end of the season. Ipswich are well situated mid-table with no threat of relegation. Something must have happened as McCarthy is a man of high principles. Perhaps there was a player problem with a lack of discipline once they knew the manager was on the way out.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Quintrell_Green":3b97huof said:
lyndhurst green":3b97huof said:

Yes. I am a bit surprised by this, given the fact it was agreed between the owner and McCarthy that they would part company at the end of the season. Ipswich are well situated mid-table with no threat of relegation. Something must have happened as McCarthy is a man of high principles. Perhaps there was a player problem with a lack of discipline once they knew the manager was on the way out.
He was fed up of the abuse from supporters.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Argy1e":ocr4wrey said:
Quintrell_Green":ocr4wrey said:
lyndhurst green":ocr4wrey said:

He was fed up of the abuse from supporters.

I am sure he is not alone in terms of managers.

Sadly.