Memorable Headed Goals | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Memorable Headed Goals

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Wow, this is tough! Which ones do I leave out?!

In no particular order:- Mauge at Wembley, Wright at Shrewsbury, Hartley v Pompey.

But, ask me again in a few weeks and I’ll probably have changed my mind!

Reactions: elburtontrev
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
It’s such a shame that diving headers are becoming a thing of the past in football now. You rarely see wingers run to the by-line and cross the ball anymore.

Greenarmy96

Cream First
Oct 5, 2021
Perth
Given a season where we've scored precious few headers, what were your out of seat headed goal moments of the past, 3 spring to mind for me, Obviously Mauge Wembley is one, then that last minute Playoff semi header from Hartley against Pompey, but none will ever better Saturdays Joe Edwards winner for sheer elation it just seemed to mean so much.
If Edward’s header was the same timing as Hartley’s I’d struggle to choose. But that last touch of the game winner was something else.

Reactions: Dunc67
Mar 12, 2022
Jervis against Pompey in 2017, a valuable point all but confirm promotion (which was confirmed a few days later against Newport).

Incidentally, that game we wore perhaps my favourite Argyle kit. One of our best ever away shirts, but instead of playing in our full away strip of all white, we wore our home shorts (because of Pompey's white home shorts).

Reactions: Graham Clark

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
See! I’ve changed my mind already!

In no particular order:- Mauge at Wembley, Wright at Shrewsbury, Edwards v Hull.

Aug 8, 2013
Jervis against Pompey in 2017, a valuable point all but confirm promotion (which was confirmed a few days later against Newport).

Incidentally, that game we wore perhaps my favourite Argyle kit. One of our best ever away shirts, but instead of playing in our full away strip of all white, we wore our home shorts (because of Pompey's white home shorts).
That goal was a thing of beauty; a superb build up, cross, and header.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I'm sure a Wrexham player scored a headed own goal from outside the box at Home Park in 94/95. It was Mick Quinn's debut on loan and the memory I have of this goal is so vivid that I hope it's not my imagination playing tricks.

Foggiest game I can remember attending, to boot.
I remember that. I'm sure they scored 2 World class OGs.

Reactions: Jon with no H