Mentioning other relevant scores in match threads | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mentioning other relevant scores in match threads

Jan 11, 2012
I notice mentions of a couple of other scores that had some relevance to Argyle in the relegation battle quickly got deleted off the QPR match thread. Is that a forum rule? If so I'd have to question it. If you're following a thread where either promotion or relegation are affected by what's happening elsewhere surely you're going to want to know about it. I like to look at other clubs' fan forums and mentions of scores that are relevant to their team's fortunes regularly appear in the live threads.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
We don’t allow it on the main match thread as it clutters up the chat, but we usually have another thread going for other relevant scores.

Jan 11, 2012
Surely on a night like tonight, where we're keeping an eye on other scores, it's part of the match-day flow of chat to say something like "Sod it, Millwall have scored" ? I'm not suggesting a free-for-all - only relevant scores to our situation should be mentioned. Do you think it's something worth sounding out general opinion among forum members on because we seem the only forum I've come across where this match-day rule exists?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Surely on a night like tonight, where we're keeping an eye on other scores, it's part of the match-day flow of chat to say something like "Sod it, Millwall have scored" ? I'm not suggesting a free-for-all - only relevant scores to our situation should be mentioned. Do you think it's something worth sounding out general opinion among forum members on because we seem the only forum I've come across where this match-day rule exists?
When it was allowed it did become a free for all, getting updates on Exeter and the like which people complained about.

Jan 11, 2012
It raises the possibility of the scenario where if we're reliant on another team's result on the last day of the season, it can't be mentioned. That seems a bit daft.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
If it comes to the last match it’ll be likely we’ll allow the relevant scores.