Mexico v France | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mexico v France

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

I want to see Uruguay and Mexico play about with it. Pass it too each other, do whatever - just draw! Screw the cheats over big time.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Andrew Owen":1vs6vwkg said:
So given that Mexico and Uruguay need a draw. are we going to see literally the most boring game of all time, or will they be keen to avoid Argentina?

Uruguay only need a draw to win the group with a better goal difference. Neither will want Argentina - they would get S Korea/Greece and then England probably.

France will need to win by 4 goals to catch Mexico if they lose by a goal.

Mexico could worry the Argies defence but could concede plenty as well.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
France looking likely to go out in the first round and it is nothing more than they deserve. I thought Mexico were excellent against them and fully deserved their win.

A

Andy_Lannie

Andrew Owen":j5mzx710 said:
So given that Mexico and Uruguay need a draw. are we going to see literally the most boring game of all time, or will they be keen to avoid Argentina?
The most boring game ever was between Austria and germany a few years ago. Germany needed to win 1-0 and both teams would progress, they went 1 up and then both teams played pass - pass footie for the rest of the game.

O

oggyale

leep33":hd59j960 said:
France looking likely to go out in the first round and it is nothing more than they deserve. I thought Mexico were excellent against them and fully deserved their win.

Champion stuff.......

A

andyr1963

Andy_Lannie":o156cw9f said:
Andrew Owen":o156cw9f said:
The most boring game ever was between Austria and germany a few years ago. Germany needed to win 1-0 and both teams would progress, they went 1 up and then both teams played pass - pass footie for the rest of the game.

1982 in Spain. The Algerian's beat the mighty West Germany in a fantastic match, they then over celebrated and promptly lost to Austrailia. The Germans and Austrians knew before kick off (final group games NOT played at the same time) that a 1 - 0 result would see both teams through, and surprise surprise that is exactly the result they contrived. :twisted:

I hate Austria :lol: more than I hate the Germans. (grudging respect :) )

A

Andy_Lannie

andyr1963":1xuol1a6 said:
Andy_Lannie":1xuol1a6 said:
Andrew Owen":1xuol1a6 said:

1982 in Spain. The Algerian's beat the mighty West Germany in a fantastic match, they then over celebrated and promptly lost to Austrailia. The Germans and Austrians knew before kick off (final group games NOT played at the same time) that a 1 - 0 result would see both teams through, and surprise surprise that is exactly the result they contrived. :twisted:

That's the game. Will the same happen with happen with Uruguay and Mexico ? I hope not.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Andy_Lannie":1qvi84wb said:
andyr1963":1qvi84wb said:
Andy_Lannie":1qvi84wb said:
Andrew Owen":1qvi84wb said:

That's the game. Will the same happen with happen with Uruguay and Mexico ? I hope not.

If they do, it would be very interesting to see FIFA's reaction.