Mike Cooper & Joe Edwards apologise | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mike Cooper & Joe Edwards apologise

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
vibratingspider":2i5ovx8i said:
memory man":2i5ovx8i said:
vibratingspider":2i5ovx8i said:
The point for me is that the entire Argyle team knew the performance was sub par during the game. Why can they not show some resilience and put up a fight during the game? It's all very well apologising and I applaud Mike for that, but it shouldn't take 10,000 Argyle fans hollering at the team to make them put up a fight. They should be professional enough to do that for themselves.
Fortunately I did not shell out £10 to watch, so I'm interested in uour comment about resillience and fight. The audio was pretty bland. Was their no instance of players turning on each other, no anger, no arm waving? I was surprised they didn't come to blows. If that wasn't evident then clearly there is a lack of passion and pride.
Not enough from what I could see. One thing I will say is that I often see some fairly demonstrable frustration from Major, which is encouraging. I would say that Edwards was probably the most frustrated figure out there and it must be soul destroying for Cooper, so I do sympathise completely with him as well. The defence didn't show an awful lot, I would say they pretty much gave up as soon as the own goal went in. Just lack of desire and commitment across the back three for me. Yes, they're largely a young set of players, but they have to realise that there are ways back into football matches at 2 nil or even 3 nil down. There's a total lack of resilience in this squad.

For me, at this level, 60% of the game is won and lost by attitude, effort, commitment and desire, and unfortunately some of these players are lacking in all four of those. Of course, as someone else mentioned, it could just be that the guys we have in are simply not capable of playing this system or they just don't have the technical ability we need and for that, the blame sits with Ryan and his recruitment team. Equally, our esteemed manager seems to lack invention and the ability to create a system that suits his players and again, that's something to work on - currently if Plan A fails, we have no alternative and, for the players, that must be pretty demotivating.
I've now seen the highlights. Even that short exposure explained a lot.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":16tj3nki said:
I think Canavan wanted to move back up north so it would have been difficult to keep him. The mistake was loaning another young centre-back plus Lewis.
We also lost Wootton in January, he had his critics but Wootton, Canavan and Sawyer kept the most clean sheets in L2 last season and only three other teams conceded less goals.

We didn't sign experienced players in January and it's made life in League One more difficult than it should have been.

I recall a good number of posts on here saying Lowe had a good January transfer window. Moving Wootton Canavan and Nouble out and adding Lewis, Woods and Ennis.

The point about experience is spot on in my view.