Millwall interest? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall interest?

Jun 2, 2016
Tugboat":2i9q4ii7 said:
Knibbsworth":2i9q4ii7 said:
Tugboat":2i9q4ii7 said:
He’s got a price... pay it and he’ll go.

Simple

Everything between now and that moment isn’t worth worrying about

They said that about Hourihane. Then we agreed a price of about £200,000 which is what he now earns a month.

I consider ourselves in a much stronger position in setting down a valuation on one our players under contract.

If he has a buyout clause à la Jervis, there'll be no fee negotiation involved.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
the_corkscrew":1i0249jj said:
Tugboat":1i0249jj said:
Knibbsworth":1i0249jj said:
Tugboat":1i0249jj said:
He’s got a price... pay it and he’ll go.

Simple

Everything between now and that moment isn’t worth worrying about

They said that about Hourihane. Then we agreed a price of about £200,000 which is what he now earns a month.

I consider ourselves in a much stronger position in setting down a valuation on one our players under contract.

If he has a buyout clause à la Jervis, there'll be no fee negotiation involved.

And that’s the worry

Sep 13, 2003
Martyn":1qho6hww said:
Also what would his family think about living in the Millwall/south London area, compared to the beautiful south west

Millwall is actually in East London, not South London. The lions have moved grounds more times than most teams !

May 8, 2011
I think from what Carey said at Senior Greens and also in other recent press interviews that he is well aware that he is the player he is because of Adams.
He has seen what has happened to the career of the many players that have left Argyle since he has been here and will have some doubts that that could happen to him.

Jul 29, 2010
Keepitgreen":2lizasnh said:
All because the camera zoomed in on Neil Harris last night.
Exactly my thought when I saw the first post.

Next thought. Given Harris' experience of signing players from Argyle currently stands at Gregg Wylde I shouldn't think the risk of getting someone that bad again are high on his list of priorities... possibly only marginally ahead of smacking himself over the head with a hammer.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":1vz8asnr said:
I think from what Carey said at Senior Greens and also in other recent press interviews that he is well aware that he is the player he is because of Adams.
He has seen what has happened to the career of the many players that have left Argyle since he has been here and will have some doubts that that could happen to him.

Much like Adams is at the club - Carey is top dog in the team. He can roam where he likes and has the freedom to play, his work rate also helps.
If he moved to a Championship club (Notts Forest was mentioned today) he might end up as a squad player and when he does play he could be stuck out on the left wing.

Anyway, he told the Senior Greens he's 'definitely staying'.

May 8, 2011
PL2 3DQ":3qo4t93v said:
HC Green":3qo4t93v said:

Much like Adams is at the club - Carey is top dog in the team. He can roam where he likes and has the freedom to play, his work rate also helps.
If he moved to a Championship club (Notts Forest was mentioned today) he might end up as a squad player and when he does play he could be stuck out on the left wing.

Adams has no self doubts about his ability, but what he does know is that he would not be able to work at a number of Clubs because he wants or needs to be in 100% control of all things football plus other aspects of the Club. I believe there is only one Club where Adams’ heart would over rule his head on this.

At the moment Argyle is the perfect fit for him, the issue will be can the Club keep supporting him in the way that will continue the steady improvements on and off the pitch.

As Adams said at Senior Greens we will find out in 2 years time.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
chunkymonkey78":2mbbrulu said:
In that case he must be off to Burton too as Clough jnr was sat in front of him.
Three members of our 6-a-side team went to the game on Tuesday as well.

We've put in an opening bid of £50.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Dan Ellard":2044zcha said:
chunkymonkey78":2044zcha said:
In that case he must be off to Burton too as Clough jnr was sat in front of him.
Three members of our 6-a-side team went to the game on Tuesday as well.

We've put in an opening bid of £50.

You need to work on your negotiation skills. Thats going in waaaaaay to high!

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
HC Green":3la507g4 said:
PL2 3DQ":3la507g4 said:
HC Green":3la507g4 said:

Adams has no self doubts about his ability, but what he does know is that he would not be able to work at a number of Clubs because he wants or needs to be in 100% control of all things football plus other aspects of the Club. I believe there is only one Club where Adams’ heart would over rule his head on this.

At the moment Argyle is the perfect fit for him, the issue will be can the Club keep supporting him in the way that will continue the steady improvements on and off the pitch.

As Adams said at Senior Greens we will find out in 2 years time.

Is that Rangers, Aberdeen, Motherwell or Burnley?

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Clarke_B":13i59gfi said:
Martyn":13i59gfi said:
Also what would his family think about living in the Millwall/south London area, compared to the beautiful south west

Millwall is actually in East London, not South London. The lions have moved grounds more times than most teams !

SE London actually. East London is generally referred to as that bit of east north of the river.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Belfast Green":u6td8gjb said:
Clarke_B":u6td8gjb said:
Martyn":u6td8gjb said:

SE London actually. East London is generally referred to as that bit of east north of the river.

Clarke_B is correct though because the locale of Millwall is fact in East London on the Isle of Dogs, north of the river.

The football club however is not in Millwall itself but is located in Bermondsey, south of the Thames.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
It's all poo in that area anyway - anywhere east of Ivybridge and North of Okehampton, even Tavistock is dodgy.