Millwall v Argyle Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall v Argyle Matchday Thread - Sponsored by Home Flooring LTD

MGM

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 7, 2021
Surely its

Scarr, Gibson, Phillips. Galloway at LWB. Mumba at RWB.

Randell Edwards as CM

Bundu, Whittaker as CAM.

Waine as ST

Only possibility is Phillips / Gibson at CDM. Can't see that though with Houghton on the bench.

Seems like they packed the team with defenders & our most physical line up. For example, Edwards may be small, but he can head the ball. I'm guessing that's why you see Phillips, Gibson etc ...

Reactions: Hargyle
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
One thing I will say is that Joe Edwards has a track record of being a clutch player when we need him to be. Maybe having him in midfield may see him on the scoresheet.

I think a scrappy low scoring affair is on the cards here, and that's probably the plan judging on the lineup.

Reactions: Midsomer Green
Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
How anyone can be sure of the formation is beyond me.

Iā€™ll guess 4-4-2.

Cooper
Phillips Scarr Gibson Galloway
Whittaker Edwards Randell Mumba
Waine Bundu

Whatever it ends up being we needed something different and weā€™ve got that!

Reactions: Midsomer Green
Feb 14, 2022
Haha, if we can't work it out, at least Millwall won't have a clue.

I'm going for the same formation that finished the Leicester game. So a narrow back 4 - Phillips, Scar, Gibson, Galloway with two slightly more forward wingbacks - Edwards, Mumba, either side of Randell that drop back into a 6 when under the cosh.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
This is to try to mitigate getting bullied at the back and at set pieces. Millwall are not complicated, it's a sledgehammer rather than a diamond drill behind their approach.

Reactions: Altarnun Green

Adam

Pasoti Designer
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 5, 2010
1 up front reminds of the Away Days during Luggyā€™s time.

That away win at York, scored by Evans. Was it our first away in over a year??

Jul 12, 2016
Surely its

Scarr, Gibson, Phillips. Galloway at LWB. Mumba at RWB.

Randell Edwards as CM

Bundu, Whittaker as CAM.

Waine as ST

Only possibility is Phillips / Gibson at CDM. Can't see that though with Houghton on the bench.

Seems like they packed the team with defenders & our most physical line up. For example, Edwards may be small, but he can head the ball. I'm guessing that's why you see Phillips, Gibson etc ...
Houghton is not in the squad

Dec 3, 2005
It's great that on here there are so many formations that Argyle can play, on that premise, Millwall won't have any idea either.
Glad to see Ryan rested, he hasn't looked right for a long while, I have it in my head that Freddie will come on and score the winner. Or Leonard scores an own goal ;)