Millwall v Argyle - the build up | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall v Argyle - the build up

Who do you think will win?

• Millwall

Votes: 100 41.2%
  • Argyle

Votes: 44 18.1%
  • It will be a draw

Votes: 99 40.7%

• Total voters
Oct 5, 2021
Reading the Millwall fans website, language somewhat colourful and threatening occasionally. Maybe me being paranoid or them playing to the galleries. Horrible football club, even back in the 1930,s the ground was shut because of crowd trouble. Been to the Old Den in the mid eighties, they beat us 2-0 and got promoted with George Graham in charge. Actually stood amongst the Millwall fans as I was up in London at the time. 15,000 mostly men between the ages of 15-50,bars open in the ground serving drinks all during the game. Bit of an eye opener to be honest. Not the nicest part of London most definitely. Fulham away on the other hand is a delight!.Errr enjoy for the Argyle fans errr lucky enough to have a ticket. Coygs! (from the safety of my front room!).
I went to that fixture. One of the more intimidating games I’ve been to. Skinheads selling NF literature outside and kids as young as 6 telling the away fans to F off. I started off in the home end but quickly reckoned that was a bad idea and got myself into a very sparsely populated away end. With five minutes to go Millwall were 1 up as I recall needing to win to go up, and the coppers came round in the away end to tell us that if Argyle equalised , we were not getting out of the away end for our own safety . I decided to leave before the end and miss the chance to see a possible Sir Tommy milestone goal, deciding my own life was worth more. It’s the only time I’ve actually run away from a game, all the way to New Cross station! Day of the Bradford fire disaster, if I recall, which was all the ( tragic ) news on the train on my way back home.

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
From the Millwall Forum

Unsure if it needs its own post?

I’m hoping that an Argyle fan will take a look at this and kindly copy it then post it on any Argyle fans forum they can.

Around 2.40 on Saturday there is to be a presentation to Roy Larner who finally gets recognition of his brave act back in 2017.

Sadly the presentation can’t be done just before the kick off when everyone would be in their seat so I’m asking those in the away end if they could come up from the concourse for a couple of minutes and show their appreciation to a fellow football fan.

In case you have forgotten who Roy is-

The Millwall fan who fought off knife-wielding terrorists during the 2017 London Bridge Attack will get a bravery medal, it was announced in May.

Roy Larner famously roared “f*ck you I’m Millwall” while throwing haymakers at three steroid-using jihadis wearing fake suicide belts.

Despite almost dying from stab wounds sustained while protecting people in the Black & Blue bar, Roy’s courage never received official commendation.

‘The Lion of London Bridge’ will receive the Royal Humane Society Silver Award in May 2024 – a prestigious honour personally approved by Princess Alexandra.

I hope all Argyle fans have an enjoyable day out in SE16 and travel safely.

Jan 21, 2007
… and here it is.

I think we can add ‘turning defence into attack’ as one of Millwall’s strengths 💪😬🤜💥

Attachments

• IMG_1469.png
    IMG_1469.png
    574.7 KB · Views: 45

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
I don't mind Millwall to be fair they have come on leaps and bounds over the past 20 years very strong side at this level and will certainly not be on the beach! It isn't their style.

If we want to stay in this league we have to earn the right now in these last two games.
We can all go for the what ifs buts and maybes over the past season but we got 2 games to get points it's in our hands if we dont we get what we get!

No complaints!

Well done to Roy for saving lives in the london bridge attack as some probably most would just hold their phones up and press record so hats off to the gentleman!

For this game im going for a 1-1 draw.

May 5, 2023
Well done Roy and I for one will be there early to give you the respect and recognition you deserve.

If you had been an Argyle fan, you could have whacked them with one of our pasties - and shouted “Geddon Beys, I’m a Janner. Take this m’ansone”.

Reactions: andyoftheshire

BBP

Nov 2, 2023
As has been mentioned by others I think the team is running on empty and tired bodies and tired minds mean mistakes. It also takes away one of our main assets of working hard to restrict the opposition. so against Millwall that means we need to play those who have the most energy - and if that means dropping the likes of Hardie and Whittaker and playing Waine and Bundu or others so be it. But if we let Millwall walk through us as we let Stoke did last week it will not be pretty

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
1714046385469.png
South Bermondsey, just one stop from London Bridge Rail, by Southern Trains - on the route to Peckham Rye and Tulse Hill
For example, trains leave London Bridge Rail Station on Saturday at 13:31, 13:37, 13:44, etc. - most probably from Platform 13 or 14

Sep 6, 2006
As has been mentioned by others I think the team is running on empty and tired bodies and tired minds mean mistakes. It also takes away one of our main assets of working hard to restrict the opposition. so against Millwall that means we need to play those who have the most energy - and if that means dropping the likes of Hardie and Whittaker and playing Waine and Bundu or others so be it. But if we let Millwall walk through us as we let Stoke did last week it will not be pretty
Dont buy all this tired bodies tripe.
Professional athletes who haven't played a game for 7 days FFS. Stoke walked through us cos we have no one capable of winning a tackle in midfield

Mar 18, 2020
Carson City
Dont buy all this tired bodies tripe.
Professional athletes who haven't played a game for 7 days FFS. Stoke walked through us cos we have no one capable of winning a tackle in midfield
Agree. We made the push to seal the title at the end of last season. We should be able to apply the same effort to a relegation battle. If we aren't good enough then that is a different matter.