Missing flags from Hull game | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Missing flags from Hull game

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The fact 35 flags were taken hints that the communication that they were meant to be left didn’t get across as it should have done.

It could also hint of there being 35 tea leaves in Home Park that day!

Reactions: SurreyJanner

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
How do you know that they didn’t realise that the flag left on their seat wasn’t for them to keep? They are everywhere else when left out.

I thinks it’s disgraceful putting pictures of people online for people to share calling them thieves when they may well have no idea that they weren’t there as a memento. Everywhere else flags are left on seats they are there to be taken.

The fact 35 flags were taken hints that the communication that they were meant to be left didn’t get across as it should have done.
I can only speak for myself on this but unless it had something telling me it's a momento and I can take it I'm going to be leaving and not taking it. I'd Also be thinking why is it free for me to take and its not every seat in the stadium getting 1.

I'm sure they've seen the very same flags given to kids around the pitch before the game and then collected up and the kids not just off taking them home, let alone removing it from the pole to make it easier to carry.

I don't like to think the worst of people but I think it's pretty obvious what's gone on, and not for the 1st time with the flags being taken.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
It could also hint of there being 35 tea leaves in Home Park that day!
If you want to think the worst of people that’s fine mate. A grandad and grandson going to a game and seeing a flag left on their seat wouldn’t automatically think it’s not a memento of a big game.

The fact some people have returned them as they didn’t know is testament to that.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Either way posting pictures of children is bad form anywhere let alone when there are accusations flying around.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
How do you know that they didn’t realise that the flag left on their seat wasn’t for them to keep? They are everywhere else when left out.

I thinks it’s disgraceful putting pictures of people online for people to share calling them thieves when they may well have no idea that they weren’t there as a memento. Everywhere else flags are left on seats they are there to be taken.

Absolutely!

The best way forward is to put out a statement to please return the flags which is great fair enough!
But then goes on to state that the fans that took the flags are stealing from the club which to be honest has probably put the fans off from returning some of them due to the fact that they don't want to get tarnished as a thief.

Like Daz said some of them might not of realised and getting fans labelled as a thief via social media isn't the best way of getting the flags returned.

May 16, 2016
It's quite possibly people who took one homefrom Wembley and just assumed this wasa similar situation. No idea if or where it may have been posted online to leave them, but we have to give the occasional visitor some leeway in assuming it was ok.

Not everyone is subscribed or hoovering up every social media or club released statement.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Going back to what i said think the tweet was later deleted it was probably posted out of pure frustration which is understandable it was one of them wow tweets.

Hope they all get returned safely.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Going back to what i said think the tweet was later deleted it was probably posted out of pure frustration which is understandable it was one of them wow tweets.

Hope they all get returned safely.
It’s on Facebook Steve with 280 shares. Up to them and they can do what they want, but I certainly would not have done it that way.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
It’s on Facebook Steve with 280 shares. Up to them and they can do what they want, but I certainly would not have done it that way.
Me neither you always have to give people a chance to see the error and return them without the label.
After a few weeks do what you have to do,
Over the past decade or so it's always guilty before being proved innocent never agreed with this name and shame that we seem to get a lot of these days then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
When in theory the chance wasn't even given. We are not talking serious law breaking here.
Such as the nature you will always get the odd one or two its a shame and hope the decent fans will return them.

Have a great summer and on to next season COYG

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I see on Facebook that PAFC Flags have had some flags stolen! There are pictures of the first person now up on Facebook! Can we all get on this and identify these thieves! They should be banned from the club!

Give the culprits time to come clean and return said flags - if not the Police should be informed as this is theft.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Gillingham

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Me neither you always have to give people a chance to see the error and return them without the label.
After a few weeks do what you have to do,
Over the past decade or so it's always guilty before being proved innocent never agreed with this name and shame that we seem to get a lot of these days then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
When in theory the chance wasn't even given. We are not talking serious law breaking here.
Such as the nature you will always get the odd one or two its a shame and hope the decent fans will return them.

Have a great summer and on to next season COYG

It's not an error Stevie - it's blatent theft.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
It's not an error Stevie - it's blatent theft.
Did you take the flag from Wembley home with you? I saw tens of thousands going with them. Was that theft as well? There was no note on them saying we could keep them.

Not everyone is aware of what PAFC Displays do, I didn’t even know they were on Facebook until a mate commented on the post and only see their posts on here. It’s not blatant theft at all.

There are scum bags who steal stuff at argyle (my son had his ball boy jacket stolen when he was working), but I simply don’t believe that all 35 people knew that they weren’t to be taken home and were not theirs to keep as a memento. Especially the old guy and his grandson who have had their photos plastered all over the internet.

Sep 17, 2017
It’s also illegal to enter the field of play during or after the final whistle. On the issue of the flags I think the majority would have known they were not there to take, if as I say the pitch wasn’t invaded it would probably been easier to keep an eye on them !!

Reactions: SurreyJanner

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Did you take the flag from Wembley home with you? I saw tens of thousands going with them. Was that theft as well? There was no note on them saying we could keep them.

Not everyone is aware of what PAFC Displays do, I didn’t even know they were on Facebook until a mate commented on the post and only see their posts on here. It’s not blatant theft at all.

There are scum bags who steal stuff at argyle (my son had his ball boy jacket stolen when he was working), but I simply don’t believe that all 35 people knew that they weren’t to be taken home and were not theirs to keep as a memento. Especially the old guy and his grandson who have had their photos plastered all over the internet.
I see what you're saying but if it's an honest mistake why the need to shove it up his top to hide it as pafc displays say they saw him do? If they thought it was a momento they'd walked out the ground with it on the pole not hiding what they've done.