'New' Pasoti | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'New' Pasoti

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Signing-in can be a problem....might refuse me three or four times before recognizing me....also the signing-in box can be hiding behind adverts and hard to see.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Daddy Kool":34z4srk6 said:
The site is great , the only thing i can't get my head around is when your on a thread you have to scroll through loads of previous quotes just to get to the latest comment on the thread , on my android phone it is a nightmare,
Am I doing something wrong , if i'm reading a thread I would like to just read the latest reply ,not go over all the ones I have just read with the new reply at the bottom.
Otherwise it's totally Brilliant!!!
You obviously aren't using the first unread reply button. On the thread list pages next to the thread title are the navigation buttons. One each for any pages in the thread, then a single right-arrow which is the link to the first unread, then a double right-arrow which links to the last comment. If the single arrow isn't there, you have no unread replies

Edit to add:
On android the buttons are above thread title in the lists.

Jan 18, 2007
Ian I'm on android and I to am getting a pop up from travargo and I've not been anywhere with them, worce if you try and close it your taken to their site, I do have fat fingers so that may just be me. Regards C

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Prefer the old version but mostly because we didn't have adverts everywhere, it kind of resembles Plymouth live with all its nonsense, other than that it's perfect

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lancastergreen":3mhtfk6u said:
Prefer the old version but mostly because we didn't have adverts everywhere, it kind of resembles Plymouth live with all its nonsense, other than that it's perfect

The old mobile version is still available, just go to your User Control Panel - board preferences - to select it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lancastergreen":dpnili65 said:

It doesn't come anywhere near that rubbish but I get your gripe.

These adverts, that are carefully monitored so they're non intrusive (i.e don't follow, don't divert you and don't pop up, unlike Plymouth Live) allow us to keep on improving this site and support PAFC in anyway we can plus other projects related to PAFC.

Over £12000 is budgeted to be paid into PAFC coffers this season in one guise or another and we have also sponsor the GT's/Legends. So most people see the good in what we have decided to do.

No one 'likes' adverts, but this does allow us to financially support our club without having to ask constantly (which I was very aware of) our members to dip into their pockets on a constant basis.

Hope this explains why we have done what we have done. :thumbup:

Aug 5, 2005
chichestergreen":155ys1ve said:
Ian I'm on android and I to am getting a pop up from travargo and I've not been anywhere with them, worce if you try and close it your taken to their site, I do have fat fingers so that may just be me. Regards C

Same, but I get it on my laptop.

I get a pop-up box saying "Still want to go to Wilmington?".

I've never wanted to go to Wilmington

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mmmm interesting, I'll pass that onto our techies.

Was the Trivago as well Mike?

I've sent an E mail off to them. :thumbup:

Aug 5, 2005
IJN":2jbqm4qn said:
Mmmm interesting, I'll pass that onto our techies.

Was the Trivago as well Mike?

Just got it to happen again as I logged in . It's Trip Advisor.

When I hovered over the 2 to get to the second page of this thread, a small dialogue box came up saying "3rd party content", and when I clicked on the 2, the Wilmington box come up

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mmm interesting, I've just had a look and apparently it targets 5% of our 'customers' after they have visited a travel website and it is very easy to hit the 'exit x' at the top of the advert,

It's known as a 'pop under' not a 'pop up'.

Watch this space.

PS You'd better go to Wilmington now and let us know what it is like.

Oct 16, 2016
I get the trip Advisor pop under all the time

Btw I’ve been to Wilmington (NC), was 1992 though

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
E mail me what you want to have as an avatar and I'll do it for you.

:thumbup: