New Pasoti. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Pasoti.

Aug 5, 2005
Ian, I really appreciate the work you have done, but as someone who still uses the old mobile version, will that still be available?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't actually know what you mean Mike.

Explain a tad further please mate?

Aug 9, 2011
Whiddon down
IJN":1mqdoozx said:
I don't actually know what you mean Mike.

Explain a tad further please mate?

I can't speak for Mike Ian but I switch Pasoti to the old green and smaller font and old subject and block layout version whenever I come on instead of the new larger icon white blocks and header mobile version as it is much easier for me to read and navigate.

Perhaps he does the same?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The answer to Mike's question is no.

It is a completely new website Mike, with a new look and new ways of doing things and, more importantly from your viewpoint, new underlying software.

I haven't looked at the mobile version, but the really old mobile version you have been using won't work on the new site.

IJN, when we did the last template change on this site to the current version, some people had trouble with the new template on their mobiles, and Gaddy left the old template version available.

(User Control Panel, Board Preferences, My Board Style)

Aug 5, 2005
Argylegames":wpuspq0c said:

It is a completely new website Mike, with a new look and new ways of doing things and, more importantly from your viewpoint, new underlying software.

I haven't looked at the mobile version, but the really old mobile version you have been using won't work on the new site.

IJN, when we did the last template change on this site to the current version, some people had trouble with the new template on their mobiles, and Gaddy left the old template version available.

Ah that's a shame but I understand progress must happen.

Personally I'm not interested in avatars, quotes, emojis or any whistles and bells. That's why I preferred the old version - just words. But I realise I'm in the minority, so no criticism on the development of the site from me and I hope it all goes well.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There may be a simpler version was well. Let me check.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
IJN":1wuqz0bg said:
We were planning to launch it this week but we delayed it as we didn't want to put the OS in the shade, as they launch their new one today. :greensmile: ;)

Just a few things I've noticed, in no particular order.

1) We're all down as Green Apples, as you post, the green will get darker.

2) All avatars were deleted, and I've spent about 6 hours reinstating them. Some I've got right, some I haven't, so if you miss your old one, let me know what it was, and I'll have a look to replacing it like with like. Although I would say, it's so very easy on the new site to do it yourself.

3) For some reason, some old names have come back, I noticed a few banned people are back under their old names, and I've changed a few to your new ones (you know who you are) but let me know if you have changed and I haven't noticed.

4) For some reasons during the migration a small amount of quotes have been scrambled into gobbledegook, no idea why, it's no biggy and we're certainly not going to spend any time on replacing the gobbledygook with what should have been there. It's all historical and will eventually fade and die like all things on the net.

5) Posty and Adam are working away in the background, testing the system (Posty) and prettifying (Adam) to get this as right as we can.

Please bare with us, this is brand new to all of us, but will be quite exciting.

We'll open up a 'What have you found' on the new site and you add your tuppence worth then, you're bound to find more than we have, but we've been working on this for about three weeks now and we think we've caught all the major stuff.

The trick on the new site will be to sign in rather than to watch as a 'guest' as signed in members will have advantages over those who don't, but you'll find out when the site pops up.
Will I be able to stay logged in rather than having to log in every time we use the new site?
I also use the mobile version and, recently, I have had to log in if I was using my mobile phone other than at home.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Quizmike":3fgxhipe said:
Argylegames":3fgxhipe said:

Ah that's a shame but I understand progress must happen.

Personally I'm not interested in avatars, quotes, emojis or any whistles and bells. That's why I preferred the old version - just words. But I realise I'm in the minority, so no criticism on the development of the site from me and I hope it all goes well.

Mike - Posty is working on an answer for you.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Quizmike":2cn2q7hg said:
Ian, I really appreciate the work you have done, but as someone who still uses the old mobile version, will that still be available?

This current version of the mobile site will be no more, the same for the current desktop version.
On the new version of Pasoti there are 4 choices (although we might have to disable one) and you can select the version that best suits your phone etc.
There's also the option on an android phone on Chrome of clicking 3 small dots at top of screen (this shows your phone history, bookmarks etc) and you can switch between desktop version and non desktop version. The non desktop version is very similar to the current mobile version so should suit you Mike.

Current desktop Pasoti (V2 in UCP)

Current mobile Pasoti

New desktop Pasoti

New non-desktop (mobile) Pasoti

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Exciting. It's like the teasing phots prior to the release of the new kits!! :shh:

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
saxman":2uzplzl3 said:
philevs":2uzplzl3 said:
Thank you all very much for giving us such a great facility as PASOTI and for doing all this work to make it even better.

Hear hear, :clap:

Thirded! What a fantastic, free resource P@soti has always been and huge gratitude to all those who have been involved in maintaining and improving it. It must be a time consuming and at time thankless task but it's very much appreciated. :clap:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Hopefully you'll love it like the ones that are working on do.

The only slight negatives so far as it doesn't really like long names, so posters like TheMightyKeithFear and GreenMetalMickey might have to trim back a bit. Now for the sad bit, we can see no way of allowing animated avatars, but we are working on both.

We're doing away with the poo and angry 'like button' but have installed a rolled eyes one and I see Adam has just created a 'Green Army' reaction. :lol:

I've seen a few Xenforo sites and some of them are very bland, this is the most Argyley thing I have ever seen and that include Home Park. :scarf: